• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Can you say...foamy?!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
ive personally seen that before and still my onlt thought is along the lines of... WHY ?

hahahaha that is great!

What a perfect way to make a lightweight case.

I would love to see that used on an uber rig....I think it could be done with plenty of fans...and the foam would make for good noise reduction.

Think of it.....you could even plan it all out as to give everything its own private air channel, rather than slapping a ton of foam on top of it....you could have ducting without too much work!

The only problem I see with it is that it is meant for insulation, so you would have to have uber airflow to pull it off....but.....i think it can be done on a much faster rig.

If it's supposed to be for inspiration, I say burry it deep where nobody could see it! Seriously though, it is a pretty funny case. I'd just hate to have to have an ide cable come loose.

Possible names:
Marshmellow PC
Booger PC
Blob PC
Foam PF
Type of thing you find in the back of the fridge PC

...When you love your computer *too* much...

My g/f would tell me that computers owner found a new use for the floppy drive... but thats her. :D

Maybe if he tried to shape the foam into something instead of a big blob? dunno..

That woulda been a mess to make, Ive thought about the same idea before except doing it in a scrapped out old case and ways to upgrade if necessary.. pretty neat though .... anyone see the Hard drive sticker in the one pic :D boy thats a dandy, I dont know if those drives even had the EEPROMS still flashed to mac bios.. but its still pretty cool

That foam stuff really is a Great. When i was modding my dodge neon for drag racing, and street use, i wanted to lighten the car so i stripped out all the heating and cooling equipment on the car(condensor, heating ducts, wiring. ect..) as well as sound proofing materials. Come winter i wanted to be able to drive the car for everyday use and not freeze to death. What I did was buy 17 cans of that spray foam to fill every nook and crannie in the car. I combined that with a small cigaret lighter powered heater and that car is actually warmer now than b4. also when i get the steroe going loud the sound outside the car is a bit mellower. To top it all off i shaved 50 pounds off the car.

er, wow.....i guess. 50 pounds isn't a lot to me...but I'm not a car racer, so I suppose that's a lot, heh.

Anyhow, I can't imagine how long it took to fill all the panels with that stuff, lol.....Did you seal off all the vents too? Seems logical to do to prevent cold air from getting in, but do you then open your windows? Cold air is better than no air....hehe.

Back