• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

OK, got 2640mhz out of my XP2100!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

maxima88

I think I may have reached my chip's overclocking limit. Any speed higher and my system freezes up when I start prime95.

Not bad for a $97 processor.

Sandra Math bench

2640mhz%2016x165.jpg

Last edited:
that is so UNREAL!!! LOL... great OC! ... are you able to run SuperPI and also 3Dmarks at that speed?

vcore 2.20.... LoL....

Very nice! That delta must sound like a Jet Engine hehe.
What do your load temps look like with that much Vcore?
Also whats Temp 3 showing??

Yeah but since I'm running at Cas2.5-3-3-6, the most relaxed RAM timing, my scores aren't as high compared to a slower speed but at Cas2-2-2-5-1 RAM timing.

I only did this to see how high an o/c I can get.

that's some major juice you got pumped into that thing

I've finally settled on 2352Mhz on mine. I was shooting for max FSB and 196 is the best I can do without any 3DMark "glitches" and 12.5 multi makes it unstable at 1.85v (max on my A7N8X). I'm happy anyway.

I was able to get my 2400+ oc to 2610mhz (15x174mhz) @ Vcore 2.15v. I was able to run SuperPI but 3dmarks failed.

Now I am running at 2530mhz (11.5x219mhz) 24/7 stable @ Vcore 1.95v. Are you sure your RAM does not like 165mhz FSB? why you need to run the most relax timing?

Mugen1516 said:
that's some major juice you got pumped into that thing

That's what the overvolt mod is for.:D

Anyway, I don't think I'll be doing that again since I had keep the windows to my study room open for about an hour and let the room temp drop really low. The wind chill outside is almost 0c.
It's not fun having to run benchies wearing my winter jacket and gloves. LOL

Last edited:
LoL... I did that last time too!!! open the window and let the winter chill air takes over the cooling :D but it shows that with better cooling, the CPU can definately OC higher...

peltier cooling? chill water? or better yet... the prometeia!

EluSiOn said:
Are you sure your RAM does not like 165mhz FSB? why you need to run the most relax timing?

I just thought that I'd go with the most relaxed RAM timing If I wanted to max out my o/c. To be honest, I never tried running at the most aggressive ram timing.

Maybe when I decide to invite old man winter into my study room again, I'll try it.

well... I always run my memory timing relax too.. once I found that the system is able to finish the 3dmark testing, I would try to OC the memory timing and push for CAS 2.0-5-2-2 on my corsair pc3500.. I believe you ram should handle at that FSB without much of problem :D after all... its rated to run at least 200mhz right?

Somehow I've been having random problems running at fsb over 192fsb after I switched over to this tbred. No problems w/ my old XP1600+ AGOIA running over 200fsb. Can't explain why my system randomly reboots at higher FSBs. Maybe my RAM's crapping out on me. Since the lowest multi I have is 13x, there's no way for me to hit 2600mhz with the higher fsb.

I got mine to 2.91 with my prometeia, so it's cool to see another one getting some high numbers with Air cooling alone.

get it under some water cooling and get 2.8 easy :)

Kunaak said:
I got mine to 2.91 with my prometeia, so it's cool to see another one getting some high numbers with Air cooling alone.

get it under some water cooling and get 2.8 easy :)

That's what my bro-in-law keeps telling me. He's trying to convince me to go the prometeia way. Too expensive for me.
I'll stick to my SK-7/Delta 80/winter chill set-up.

333 chipset

My tbred B also suffers random reboots with high FSB on a kt333 chipset motherboard. I can't stand it!! 8rda coming soon!

maxima88, if your CPu is doing 2.6 ghz on air and is stable.
hell forget a Prometia, 2.6 ghz with an AMD can hold you over for quite sometime.

but prometeias are pretty fun.

Re: 333 chipset

Arkaine23 said:
My tbred B also suffers random reboots with high FSB on a kt333 chipset motherboard. I can't stand it!! 8rda coming soon!

I'm also considering getting a nforce2 mobo. Is that the best there is?

RangerJoe said:
wow. very very impressed. where did you get this chip? i think its time that i get one

Thanks. Got it from Newegg. Probably one of the first ones they sold to a overclockers member.

Great job Maxima. You should take the dive for watercooling and perhaps get a bit more ;) You seem to have a great chip since Kunaak got 2.8 GHz stable on his and that's cooled by a Prometeia.

You make many jealous ;)

Yodums

Back