• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Good temps for new WC rig?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

josh7485

Wel with my Volcano 9 my temps were around 49c now there at 33c ( the house temp is 72f), is this good?

Also I want to OC my CPU,but I dont know if I have to unlock it or not. In the BIOS I can change the multipiers and the bus without unlocking the chip, but everytime I raise the FSB the system hangs then when I restart it it brings my back to BIOS and says improper CPU settings or something.

We need details, Details.

Mobo, CPU, H20 setup/brand, FULL load or Idle, core volt.

But from the sounds it looks like you need to unlock the CPU, but wont know for sure till you tell us what CPU you have.

josh7485 said:
Wel with my Volcano 9 my temps were around 49c now there at 33c ( the house temp is 72f), is this good?

Also I want to OC my CPU,but I dont know if I have to unlock it or not. In the BIOS I can change the multipiers and the bus without unlocking the chip, but everytime I raise the FSB the system hangs then when I restart it it brings my back to BIOS and says improper CPU settings or something.

Not a bad temp at all. In the case of AMD you need to unlock it and that depends on which AMD your using. In the case of Intel, your stuck with raising the FSB. With both AMD and Intel, generally your memory needs to handle the speed of the FSB. Some cases I have seen DDR 133 do 166 FSB or fall short of it and do 150 FSB. If you got some decent DDR166 - 200 you should be fine. Make sure you set memory and FSB to the same. IE. 133/133 or 166/166. Anything 166/100 or like that seems to bring problems with some boards.

LOL WTF I swear to god I typed in my mopo and cpu mobo av7333 cpu 2100xp T-bred a or b not sure . WC system heatercore maze 3 and ehiem 1250 pump

Back