• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Epox 8RDA Questions.....

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

hurtz777

Registered
Hi I currently have a MSI KT4V-L board and it is acting very quirky with my new XP2100 AUIHB Tbred B CPU. First off all this chip is unlocked but when I change the multiplier up or down it won't post. The max Vcore I can give the chip is only 1.7v because of the 0.1 bios limit on Vcore with Tbreds. I know hitting 200 FSB would be impossible on this board even if I could lower the multiplier to do so because of the PCI/AGP stress. Right now I am running my XP2100 TBred B AUIHB 0302 CPU at 167.5 X13 = 2178Mhz at 1.7v. That is about all she has in this setup because I can't give it more Vcore etc. I am really ****ed off that I can't change the multiplier on this board. Has anyone experienced this with Tbred on the MSI boards? Is there a hacked bios I could use that fixes this multiplier problem. The bios shows multipliers from 5X to 15X but like I said any multiplier above or below the 13X Default will not post. Other then this multipler problem this board has been ROCK stable for me for only $80. Now on to the Epox 8RDA board. Will the Epox 8RDA give me all multpliers unlocked with my XP2100 TBred B 0302 CPU without any modifications to any bridges on the CPU? Will the 8RDA board give me VCore options up to its max VCore setting available(1.85v?)with this Tbred B cpu without having to mess with the L11 bridges on the CPU, or does it also have the 0.1 Vcore limitation in BIOS like my MSI board? The 8RDA has the PCI/AGP lock right so no matter what FSB speeds the PCI/AGP bus is not effected? My main goal if I get this 8RDA is to be able to get at least 200FSB without any kind of modifications to CPUs and the board etc. I have excellent Case cooling that keeps my case temp around 26C-28C so that should help some of the chipset heat issues. Please if you can answer any of my million questions please do, because if this board can do all that I will upgrade to it and retire the MSI KT400.

Will the Epox 8RDA give me all multpliers unlocked with my XP2100 TBred B 0302 CPU without any modifications to any bridges on the CPU?

Will the 8RDA board give me VCore options up to its max VCore setting available(1.85v?)with this Tbred B cpu without having to mess with the L11 bridges on the CPU, or does it also have the 0.1 Vcore limitation in BIOS like my MSI board?

The 8RDA has the PCI/AGP lock right so no matter what FSB speeds the PCI/AGP bus is not effected?

My main goal if I get this 8RDA is to be able to get at least 200FSB without any kind of modifications to CPUs and the board etc.

1. Dunno, I think so.
2. Actually I believe it allows up to 2.2 or 2.3volts vcore
3. So I am told
4. From what I've seen most will, some wont.

hurtz777 I have almost identical situation and equipment to yours! I just got the 8rda and put these in from my old kt4v:
tbred A w/slk800 @166*12
gainward ti4200
WDJB 80G drive
sammy pc2700 512m x 2 (corsair 3200LL on the way)

I have tbred a and have all multipliers and vcore up to 2.2v, dont know if its the same for tbed b. I closed the L5 bridges on my cpu and was getting 1.85v on the kt4v.I can get lots more from the cpu now than my old kt4v did. Dont believe the rumors of hacked bios or 1/6 divider for msi boards, they don't exist. The kt4v is a great mobo for the $ but get the 8rda if you can afford it.

Epox 8RDA/+ is great

All T-bred CPU is factory unlocked but with Epox 8RDA, it give access to multiplier from 3x ~ 24x excluding 14x without doing any physical modification on the CPU bridges.

The max vcore on 8RDA is 2.2v
The max vdmm on 8RDA is 2.9v
The max agp voltage on 8RDA is 2.0v
the max FSB on 8RDA is 250mhz

8RDA does have PCI/AGP lock, say so on Epox website.

8RDA is definately capable of running 200mhz FSB if you have the memory good enough to do so (Corsair XMS PC3500C2 and Twinmos PC3200 winbond chip) However, what makes 200mhz FSB happen is the VDD voltage (North Bridge Voltage, NB is also the clock generator)

I did a VDD Mod and now I am running at 219mhz FSB. However, I have active cooling on my North Bridge and MOSFETs (voltage regulators).

i was able to hit 200mhz FSB without VDD mod.... but I always have active cooling on north bridge.... other people said they have to cool their NB in order to get 200mhz.... nforce2's northbridge is quite hot....

EluSiOn said:
i was able to hit 200mhz FSB without VDD mod.... but I always have active cooling on north bridge.... other people said they have to cool their NB in order to get 200mhz.... nforce2's northbridge is quite hot....

nice to know I should be able to hit 200 mhz without volt mod, and NB has a Vantec on it, what is recommended for the mosfets.

Sven:D

ramsink_40mm_fan.jpg

Ramsink would be enough, however, I really think putting a 40mm fan would be much better because my Vcore is all the way up between 1.95v~2.05v

Back