• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Ducting

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Screwloose

Registered
I am thinking of using a radiator about 11"h x 6.5w x ?deep. I would mount this to the front of my case and draw air through it with 2 120mm fans in parallel. I am thinking I would then duct the exaust from one of the 120's to blow over the ram area. Is this a good idea or is the temp of the air after it has gone through the radiator too high?

the temperature of the air shouldnt be that warm so long as the flow in your case is good (you have good exhaust). As long as you are refreshing the inside case air at a healthy rate then the air passing over the radiator should not get a chance to heat up much. a lot of people use their chevette heatercores like that, only in a push pull fan sandwich, and it serves as a case intake and they report fine case temperatures it seems.

Would it be better to use 4 fans in a push-pull arrangement and act as the intake for the computer? I want this to be a silent overclocking computer, possible run 2 or 4 panaflo's at 5v.

Or should I use two smaller radiators in parallel?

Back