• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Got my processor! Did I get the correct stepping?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Neofate

Well the processor came in today. I ordered the AMD XP 2100 with the AIUHB stepping.

Here are the details (numbers/letters) associated with my chip. Let me know if any of it means anything specific to you =)

AMD Athlon
AXDA2100UT3C 9595907250121
AIUHB 0248MPMW 1999 AMD

I doubt this number matters.. but over to the right corner it has in gold: 27291

Oh and it's green :D

Did I get the "good" overclocker?

Thanks alot,

The AIUHB 0248s are some of the best. Where did you get one with that early a stepping at this point? Most everyone is getting 0302s now.

Yes that looks good. AIUHB 0248 get very good results. I would say 2.5 GHz is almost like a guaranteed if you have an nForce 2 (PCI Lock) and good ram and followed up are good components of course.

Yodums

Sweet!

Well this is about the only place I've found that guarantee's the steppings. http://www.pcnut.com/parts/cpu.htm

You pay a little more, but I hope it's worth it.

Also, as far as compenents..

I have Corsair PC3500XMS CAS2 256meg X 2 on the way.

Also, I chose an EPOX 8rda+ (Nforce2) mobo

For cooling, I picked out the SLK-700 (SK-7) heatsink with a TT-Smartfan-2 (70ish CFM).

The only thing I am concerned about is the powersupply. I bought an Enermax CS-3051L-B3A Case, that comes with a 350 PSU. (Not so sure about the power supply).

I'm hoping to get about 2.5 out of it, with the FSB close to 200/400

We'll see =)

Thanks

Neofate said:
Sweet!

Well this is about the only place I've found that guarantee's the steppings. http://www.pcnut.com/parts/cpu.htm

You pay a little more, but I hope it's worth it.

Also, as far as compenents..

I have Corsair PC3500XMS CAS2 256meg X 2 on the way.

Also, I chose an EPOX 8rda+ (Nforce2) mobo

For cooling, I picked out the SLK-700 (SK-7) heatsink with a TT-Smartfan-2 (70ish CFM).

The only thing I am concerned about is the powersupply. I bought an Enermax CS-3051L-B3A Case, that comes with a 350 PSU. (Not so sure about the power supply).

I'm hoping to get about 2.5 out of it, with the FSB close to 200/400

We'll see =)

Thanks

I was afraid you were going to mention Epox and Enermax! hehe..

That might hold but I'm not sure.

Hehe I hope your joking! The Epox is one of the top rated motherboards. Now, the PSU in the Enermax.. thats a totally different story =(.

Does your older Epox not perform?

Back