• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Big Problems. Keep getting Bios Checksum error with my 2100B!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

EclipseJP

I dont know whats goin on all my other cpu's work but the 2100B just wont do a thing. It says bios checksum error and insert valid system disk. And the code on the display reads C5. Did my chip fry?

EclipseJP said:
I dont know whats goin on all my other cpu's work but the 2100B just wont do a thing. It says bios checksum error and insert valid system disk. And the code on the display reads C5. Did my chip fry?

C5 is more a memory issue that bios is not able to copy to your ram. I dont think your chip is fried.

Reseat your RAM again, make sure it is properly done.

Clear your CMOS

on boot holding down insert key while keep tapping your Delete key. This should get you into the bios.

tell us more about your DDR rating/info/setting

Well I had all of my ram settings set at turbo. I have the Corsair 3000XMS memory. I had my fsb at 174. But the problem is that my 1600 works fine just when I put the 2100TBred in it doesnt boot. Just get the error. Also I have cleared the cmos about 50 times with no luck. I have my 1600 in right now.

first... relax your memory timing.

dont use turbo but expert.... set the bios options to cas 2.0-7-3-3. and also did you try to HOLD DOWN the INSERT KEY and while tapping DELETE key on boot? sometimes clearing the CMOS is not enough.

Dont have expert. I have the 8k3a+ mobo. No i have not tried insert delete yet I will. I just have to pop in the cpu. And right now I have the timings at normal so we will see what happens.

Ok I have tried all of the above and none of it worked. I tried the insert delete no go. I took out the battery for half an hour and then put it back in no go. I am not sure what to do.

The 2100 B wont run on this board , unless the cpu multiplier is set to Auto in bios. If you set it to auto, you will have FSB control, but no multiplier control. I've done many experiments trying to get the upper multi's working, with no result. Do a search on my user name. I'd suggest an angry e-mail to Epox, urging a bios fix for this problem. The insert fix didn't work any of the times I tried to switch to manual multi's, had to clear the cmos and pull the plug for a few minutes, to bring it back..

a toasted cpu wont even display checksum error...

checksum error is memory/bios related issue

Ya but underneath it was all bubled up under the core. And I tried everything possible to get it to work and it just wouldnt. Every other processor would work but that one. I sent it out already so who knows.

Back