• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Anyone installed on Fan on the underside of your case.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Hmm, all the pics and links seem fine to me. What do you mean by your IP address being banned? From where?

BTW, I love your title: "bottom feeder". You have a fun sense of humor ... :) -- Paul

I had this same idea recently. It seemed to me it would be a good placement, especially with a front intake and upper exhausts. That way the air would seem to make circular rush through the case.

deff gonna cause a dust build up..doubt a filter could even prevent that. also for max airflow you would need pretty good clearance over whatever surface your case will be resting on. My case draws air for the front lower fans from an opening at the bottom...dust is there but not that much of a problem...

First to reply to the IP thing. 2 days ago Overclockers got hit by something port scanning or whatever. It was shown to be comming from "MY" ip address, and it was not me personally doing anything. Skip had no choice but to BAN my IP address. It now apears that it is happening again. As I can not login using my IP I have to use an alternate IP to come to the site. The catch is this time, my server shows no record of anything funny, so it must be some sort of spoofing going on.

Ok now back to the topic at hand.

I have added some more height to the machine so it is the lower fan is now about 4" from the ground. I will be placing some sort of ceramic tile under the computer maybe some nice black shinny stuff. That will keep it from sucking off of the carpet like a vaccume cleaner and give it a nice cool space to draw air from.

I am going to use some heater duct mesh to keep larger pieces of hair and stuff out as well.

The cooling kinda works like in a "Z" it Comes in from the front, then gets shot straight up by the new fan then sucked out through the back by all the exhaust fans. So far it is working awesome.

it only works for certain people, but when iot does work, especially in basements it sould really work.

Back