• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

GF4 waterblock

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Ok guys, I started a discussion that may help out newbies in machining. It' in the General Discussion forum here

JFettig said:
cathar, whats the point for the mineature channels again?

My block isn't just a GPU block - it can be used on a GPU, a CPU, or with a 40x40mm peltier. The very fine channels means that for CPU cooling performance it will be placed just behind the WW, despite losing the jet impingement action. Basically it's a do-everything block at the expense of some of the CPU-die cooling performance that the special-purpose White Water offers. However, it's all a bit of a delicate dance, keeping pressure-drop low, balancing base-plate thickness/structural integrity, maximising thermal convection, balancing channel/fin widths/heights, etc. Very easy to get it all wrong and end up with something that performs mediocre. Get it all right, and it will offer substantial benefits, even for GPU's which are getting hotter and hotter (witness the GF-FX).

hey guys, Im going with anodized aluminum tops, what color? clear anodizing(silver) black or red anodizing?
I need to order material and a tap, so itll be about a week till I have that, then another week till I get the tops done and anodized and all, Ill be making the bases when I send the tops off for anodizing.

hey and im following elusion around on this.

jfettig would it be possable to do this so it will have NB mounting holes and move the barbs uptop? that would be the slammen NB WB!

Back