• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

1048 users

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

BBigJ

My pump died last friday so today I decided not to skimp and get the best--eheim. I ordered a 1048 from Case-mod.com (anybody have any experience with them? the resellerratings were pretty good.) Anyhow, I'm planning to switch from a resevoir to an inline system to open up the airflow in my case. However, I have 5/8" hoses. What fittings does the 1048 come with? Will it accept 5/8" (tygon) if I cramp down on the hose clamps? Do you need to take any extra measures to make it waterproof enough for inline use? I'd like to get everything ready now since my comp is out of commission for now and it would be nice to have everything ready to go when the pump gets here. Anything else I should know?

Thanks.

I'm holding one in my hand (1048) and the barbs are 1/2" OD, so 5/8 OD (1/2 ID) tubing should work fine. You don't need clamps as the 1048 comes with barbs that have screw-over collars (for lack of a better descriptor) that will retain the tubing.

Hoot

My 1048 has barbs that BARLEY FIT 1/2inch clearflex.... but it was out of a swiftech system, and i think it was for 3/8 anways....

I have 2 watercooling systems and one of them is using hte EHEIM 1048.....its an ok pump :) but the 1/2ID barbs it comes with suck ***....(my 1048 is running a system that uses 3/8OD tubing and 1/4ID tubing, I swicked out the barbs for 3/8ID ones )and it works fine, but my 1250 is using the same 1/2ID bard on the top and even with 2 zipties on it it managed to let some air into my inline system :mad: I suggest you change the barb if you can.

HOOT how do you use thise screw-over collars I tried pulling them over my tubing and they are to small to fit over my tubing....so I think those screw-over collars are poo.Buy a barb if you can ;)

One the 1250 that replaced my 1048, I actually found some nice brass 1/2" OD barbs that screw right into the housing, after removing those screw-over hood fittings with a dremel cutoff disk. All I used was a little teflon tape on the threads for a perfect fit. You may be able to find a similar solution for the 1048.

As for those screw-over hoods, all I did was shove the tubing on and then rotate the hood and the threads on it pull it out over the tubing. It's hard to put into words how it works, but if you look at them, it's fairly self-explanatory.

Since I'm not into "window dressing" my PC, I use silicone tubing. The success of using clear vinyl or tygon tubing with those hoods may be different.

Hoot

*heh* (sheepish look)
I "Replaced" the barbs on my 1048 and cracked the housing.
both intake and exhaust.....

good luck.

Back