• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

To those needing Electroplating or Anodizing supplies

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Arcsylver

Registered
http://www.caswellplating.com/

I did some research a while back into anodizing aluminum and such for a custom heatsink that I wanted to do (project since was canceled) and tumbled across this little site.

They have a lot of great items that the evry day person can get for home anodizing and elctroplating oof metals.

Thought maybe those of you who build you own WB's could use this link and maybe add to your materials list a bit.

Hope it helps.

lol...the next case modding craze. just like mountain biking in the early 90's. ano crank arms go great with a skin tight neon green and hot pink jersey

wow 49 veiws and only 2 replies.

I guess it must have given some people something useful so I will Bump this once to keep it one first page one more day.

Hope this has helped those of you who make you own WB's

Don't know if this is much use to those who make their own blocks, but when you posted this, it did occur to me as a block modification technique.

Suppose you have a thin based waterblock, (Say a Maze2) and you want to give the bottom of the water channel some texture to increase surface area and turbulence.

Instead of taking a tool to it and reducing the base thickness, you could mask off most of the channel, except for dots along the bottom, and plate up little copper posts.

I'm not sure how cost effective it would be, but it certainly could be done.

Back