• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I need help in RIGGING WC

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TheDrone

Registered
Okej !
Hi all !
This is what i got !
MAZE3
DD Chipblock
DD GF4Block
BlackIceExtreme
Watertank
2 X pumps Sicce Mova

the question !

if i connect 1 pump i get around 40% lower effect in the waterpump !

Can i use 2 pumps from reservoar to the radiator !

Will the pressure get better ?

the pumps are same model 400L/houre Sicce Micra

Please need answer of i do something crazy like blowing the tubes !

:eek:

I'm not sure 2 pumps is going to be better than 1 good pump.

There are also better choices then the BIX. How much OC'ing are you trying to achieve? What kind of system will you be cooling?

Well I am in the process of building my second water-cooled rig. 2 pumps will always be better than one for flow (if the pumps were “exactly” the same ones). I have been experimenting with several ways to hook two pumps together. They each do 370 GPH at 24” of lift. You can hook up your two pumps in 1 of two ways. You can just hook the outlet on one of them to the inlet of the other (which I am going to do) or you can do a two-stage lift system where you place the pumps at different height levels. I tested the pressure and found that either way you do it is about the same, although I did notice if one of the pumps failed, having them in an equal plane (side by side) flowed the best. And don’t worry about pressure; it flows better but not so much as to worry about breaking anything (unless you already have questionable connections).

thanx a lot friends !

i will do some serius experiment on how to [skahtul] you gave me good advices !

skahtul said:
Well I am in the process of building my second water-cooled rig. 2 pumps will always be better than one for flow (if the pumps were “exactly” the same ones). I have been experimenting with several ways to hook two pumps together. They each do 370 GPH at 24” of lift. You can hook up your two pumps in 1 of two ways. You can just hook the outlet on one of them to the inlet of the other (which I am going to do) or you can do a two-stage lift system where you place the pumps at different height levels. I tested the pressure and found that either way you do it is about the same, although I did notice if one of the pumps failed, having them in an equal plane (side by side) flowed the best. And don’t worry about pressure; it flows better but not so much as to worry about breaking anything (unless you already have questionable connections).

Wouldn't you get more flow if you hooked the pumps up in parallel? According to your setup you have them in series. If you hook them up in parallel, using two Y connectors you would have the output of both pumps. If you hook them up in series outlet of one into the inlet of the other, you would only be pushing out 370GPH, maybe a little more, but you will be limited by the speed of one pump. In series the speed of both pumps would be working together.

Well i cant connect the pumps pararell.
The pumps i got is SICCE Micra they are the modell you put in the tank.
that i thinking of is to put both pumps in samt tank and use a Y spil to connect them toghter in to same tube that gois to the radiator.
I belive this show the idea.

PUMP----------
\________ RADIATOR
/
PUMP----------

well spec of pump

6W
0,04A
1,6Feet
90 gph

well well i will do a connection and show it and try.

ps Love you all of you help.

ds Tobias Kuru administrator www.pcdreams.nu

I took a look of the guide about fan shroud this morning so here is my shroud it tiiok 2h from paper skiss to finished

isolated all airholes using tejp and then painted with a black pencil.

fanshroud.jpg

Enigma422 said:

Wouldn't you get more flow if you hooked the pumps up in parallel? According to your setup you have them in series. If you hook them up in parallel, using two Y connectors you would have the output of both pumps. If you hook them up in series outlet of one into the inlet of the other, you would only be pushing out 370GPH, maybe a little more, but you will be limited by the speed of one pump. In series the speed of both pumps would be working together.

You would get more flow with them in parallel. You would get more head pressure in series.

Many many people including some very knowlegable people in this forum who know far more about water cooling have told me to always to hook them up in series. I think in parallel it would not be good because you are obstructed flow at the Y-connection. I am just going on what I have been told. Though, right now I will go try them in parallel just to see. Also, I think it will keep up the pressure better if one pump fails.

Also as far as I have seen the best connectin is to go..

Res --- > Pump --- > Radiator -- > CPU WB -- > Back to Res. Of course if you are using a pump in your res, like my first..
Res(w/pump) -- > Radiator -- > CPU WB

well im using the pumps in the reservoar so it is connected like this

pump -----
\
-------- radiator ---
/
pump -----

Back