• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

windows ME kernel32 4.9.3000 download?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

KerryrreK

i have windows 98se 4.9.2222A, wondering if anyone knows where I can find the windows ME kernel for download and if it would work in any way. If you have windows ME can I have a copy of your kernel32.dll? it should be about 500kb, you could e-mail it to me

Kerry

well what is the actual problem you are having. why not just use the system file checker tool and replace your current kernel32.dll with the one from your 98se disc.

SiSoft Sandra 2003 will not run is my first problem, but really I just wanted to see if I could install a newer kernel32 file on my 98se program and get some good results

Kerry

it probably wont work but if it does it probably wont make a drastic difference. just replace your kernel32 with a newer one. search in google

tried, theres nowhere I can download the kernel itself, anyone want to give me a copy of your kernel32.dll? (if you have windows ME)

Kerry

dunno but theres no harm in trying is there? sign in on msn messenger (do you have it) and ill send it to you over there. i find it easier uploading via hotmail seems to take longer.

welp, this project was a flop, booted into DOS, swapped kernels, rebooted........error loading kernel, please reinstall windows...arg, oh well....anyone know why it didnt work? Im not a windows expert I just had a crazy idea and was hoping for better memory managment or something, I dunno.

Kerry

edit: i would like to note that i havnt given up and am continuing to look into this idea, the thought of getting the windows xp kernel32.dll on my 98se shell makes me giddy

err....u cannot inplement the windows XP kernel into ur windows 98SE system....the windows XP is a NT kernel...the 98 is a 98kernel :p

sounds really stupid to me as it will only crash ur system...

what about the ME kernel though? Thats the one I tried and thats the one that failed, anyone actually know why? Why wouldnt the newer version kernel work? Im guessing theres some sort of check or registry entry that involves the version number and thats what kept it from booting, I dunno. The update from 98 to 98se involves a new kernel, im just wondering how to config it to accept the ME kernel.

Kerry

And actually, i thought XP was a hybrid of NT and 9x?

its a hybrid of the added ease of use from 9x and the stablility of NT hence the NT kernal

KerryrreK said:
what about the ME kernel though? Thats the one I tried and thats the one that failed, anyone actually know why? Why wouldnt the newer version kernel work? Im guessing theres some sort of check or registry entry that involves the version number and thats what kept it from booting, I dunno. The update from 98 to 98se involves a new kernel, im just wondering how to config it to accept the ME kernel.

Kerry

And actually, i thought XP was a hybrid of NT and 9x?

Don't forget that the kernels aren't standalone apps but part of a file system with lots of dependancies that if broken will result in the Kernel not working.

Kinda like just dropping an engine in a car without hooking it up first and maybe the engine isn't compatible with all the available mounts and transmission in that car.

Back