• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

WTF!!!! 3DMark03 related.. horrible score.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Maxvla

with the system in my sig at 2400mhz and stock video clocks i scored 653 3dmarks.

WTF is that all about????

i saw in the 03 scores thread someone with a celeron 1.3 scoring 1070ish.

i know i only get to run 3 of the 4 game tests.. it does both the cpu tests only 4 of 5 feature tests and only 2 of 3 sound tests.

what the hell is wrong?

Maxvla said:
with the system in my sig at 2400mhz and stock video clocks i scored 653 3dmarks.

WTF is that all about????

i saw in the 03 scores thread someone with a celeron 1.3 scoring 1070ish.

i know i only get to run 3 of the 4 game tests.. it does both the cpu tests only 4 of 5 feature tests and only 2 of 3 sound tests.

what the hell is wrong?

Well, there has already been a glitch found...

The Glitch is some GeForce4s with improper drivers shoot down a test of the 4 with 0 points. GLITCH

Second, to run the third sound test, you need an Audigy2. Audigy2 is the only capable sound card on the market as of now that can handle up to 64 sound channels (more than the 60 channels 3Dmark2003 requires for the third sound test.

OC-Master

so are you suggesting i update my drivers?

i think i'm using 40.52's right now.

edit: make that 41.09's

WhiteHawk said:
what do the sound tests sound like? do they test your speakers or something??

Yes,

Basically, it tests the hardware channels available. Shows a battle with Air planes and you can hear planes flying all around you. I tell ya, they did a great job on the sound effects test :)

OC-Master

I think that only the first four 'game' tests are used to generate the score and not the CPU or sound tests. I will try to find the link to the scoring method the is used.

well i figured it out.

before running the benchy i had gone into riva tuner and reset all my dx and opengl settings to default using the default button.

upon installing 42.81's (can't find 86's) i realized that my 4x antialiasing and 8x anistropic were still enabled. so riva tuner never reset my settings.

my new score with 42.81's and no AA or ani comes to 1688. much much better.

The only way a sound test could be counted in the score is if it used a loopback cable (from the output to the input on your card) so it can recored what it played and then analyse it. I dont think there is ANY other way they could score the sound test.

Maxvla said:
well i figured it out.

before running the benchy i had gone into riva tuner and reset all my dx and opengl settings to default using the default button.

upon installing 42.81's (can't find 86's) i realized that my 4x antialiasing and 8x anistropic were still enabled. so riva tuner never reset my settings.

my new score with 42.81's and no AA or ani comes to 1688. much much better.

Your wish is my command

http://www.guru3d.com/files/pafiledb.php?action=license&id=1&file=571

v42.86 Own All Other Drivers To Date!

OC-Master

WyrmMaster said:
The only way a sound test could be counted in the score is if it used a loopback cable (from the output to the input on your card) so it can recored what it played and then analyse it. I dont think there is ANY other way they could score the sound test.

I wouldn't think they would count for anything either, but if they do I might just put the Audigy2 drivers back on my Audigy. I wonder if that would give me the extra voice support?

OC Noob said:

I wouldn't think they would count for anything either, but if they do I might just put the Audigy2 drivers back on my Audigy. I wonder if that would give me the extra voice support?

THESE Are benchmarks, not sound quality tests. The reason behind the sound benchmark is to see how much of an impact 3D sound has on performance.

Yes, the sound test is included in your overall 3Dmark score. If you notice, there is FPS score beside each sound test. That score is calculated with your final average to determine your score.

Also, there is no way to create those additional 32 hardware channels that Audigy2 has. By trying to bypass this, your gonna end up with 3Dmark 03 crashing due to timing out with your sound blaster Audigy1.

I totally forgot Sound Storm is capable of 64 hardware channels... Way to go nVidia!

OC-Master

OC-Master said:
v42.86 Own All Other Drivers To Date!

Really? Are they significantly better than the 42.30's? If they are, I may just have to give them a try.

Back