• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

So freaking mad at thermalright

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
so are you advising him not to give legal advise? can i sue you now? :rolleyes:

okay, im stopping now, too caught up in the american way, ive annoyed myself.

Well, you guys will probably dis me for being arrogant, but how could you possibly mistake the use of a donut shaped rubber washer for a solid round foam pad??? Newbie, maybe? Eh? :rolleyes: It's a huge pain in the arse, but the safest way to change a heatsink is with the motherboard out of the case so's you can mount the heatsink greasless. Then shine a light into the opposite side of where you're lookin and see if it's contacting. Then mount it with grease if it looked okay. Or, at the very least, when mounting it in your case for the first time, pull it back off and look for the pattern of grease as Decaf mentioned. Then clean, grease and remount it.... in the exact same position. Patience is a virtue. :D

LOL You guys are funny. Strict product liability applies not only to physical damage, but also to emotion and property damage. I read a case once where a lady filed a lawsuit based on the loss of consortium. Which is the loss of ability to engage in sexual relations. And I know he would be the plaintiff but I meant represent him in court. :)

I dont see how you can sue for something like that. Yes they sent you the wrong product, but it was his own fault for putting them on and not realizing that they were the wrong thing. He said that he noticed they were about 1mm thicker but he used them none-the-less. Therefore, since he used them, semi-knowing, that they were the wrong thing, it would not be their fault.

In a sense, that is like you buying a cable for your HD and they send you a floppy cable, if you installed the floppy (somehow...) and it broke your HD, you couldnt sue the company that sent you the wrong cable. I would have to assume that if someone bout the SLK-800 and saw that the pads were messed up and asked for new ones, they should atleast know what they should look like. You could always compare what you got from what you had, and if they differed, then you ask them why they are different then they would tell you, "oh, we sent you the wrong pads, we will ship the correct ones out today" and you would have saved yourself some money...

Loggitt said:
...the safest way to change a heatsink is with the motherboard out of the case so's you can mount the heatsink greasless. Then shine a light into the opposite side of where you're lookin and see if it's contacting. Then mount it with grease if it looked okay. Or, at the very least, when mounting it in your case for the first time, pull it back off and look for the pattern of grease as Decaf mentioned. Then clean, grease and remount it.... in the exact same position. Patience is a virtue.

Safe & sure:beer:

drunkmonkey said:
How come that thermal protection thingy all the newer AMD mobos(kt333 and up) have didn't save it?

only two companies implement it, one is ASUS and its well known to work and the other one i believe is soyo or another crappy manufacturer that made it faulty... so its asus-only

Ummm... guys can we stop the legal discussion in here? No one knows what 12am sent them as a request, and what the person on the other end of the line thought to make of it. He could have said "Can you send me some of those spacers for my heat sink?" No offense 12am, I'm sure you what you sent them as a request, everyone around here would have gotten what you meant.

wow did this ever blow into a legal debate! and loggit I take offense to the whole newb thing, I was just excited to get to some clocking and I put my trust into something I probably should've second guessed, it's my loss and I'm not going to make thermalright get me a new cpu, it was a tragedy and I was tiffed about it but I'm gonna take the loss and trust my instincts next time.

Well as a builder of PC's for a living I did work for the FAA and they had real problems if I didnt put one single fiber washer on a motherboard. I checked and triple checked everything and word for the wise.. check again. Even after I've checked things a million times Ive found a potential fatal error. I would definitely call thermalright and tell them the story and see what they have to say. It is partially their fault and maybe you can get something out of the mess. Again .. Just my 2.5 cents.

Back