• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

BF1942 1.3 sound -= FIX! =-

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Daemonfly

http://cebf.ws/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1404

The sound cache fix listed there seems to be working for most people. Just a bit of trial & error to find the value that works for you, without overdoing it.

Try it out & see if it works :D

Edit your file mods\bf1942\settings\Default.con.

rem Do _not_ change these unless you know exactly what you're doing.
rem Ie. Do not change these. Vec order is lo/med/hi and 16/24/32
Sound.soundStreamUpdateFrequency 20
Sound.soundBufferCacheSize 100
Sound.reserve2dMonoChans 4/4/4
Sound.reserve2dStereoChans 2/2/2
Sound.relaxHwReservations 0/0/0

Change "Sound.soundBufferCacheSize 100" upwards in increments of 50 or 100 and test until sound is fixed.

I heard you need to change the BufferCacheSize from 100 all the way to 1000.

But it maybe different for different systems like Can O' Beans said.

what about for those of us using crappy onboard sound? i wasn't having any problems until i started to play rtr...

I wonder if everyone with the problems is running with Hardware mode set to On? I've had problems from the start with Hardware on, but with it off, I haven't had any problems since.

I run off, personally.

I did that little fix thing, and now the sounds don't cut out anymore. I used to have a problem firing a tanks secondary machine gun when inside, the sound would cut out. It doesn't anymore.

I'll give it a try. I'm having the same problem as you Oni. And it's really annoying considering they changed to sound of the gun to something closer to realisitc.

Back