• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Got my 1st h20 system done [pics]

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Giblet Plus!

Water1.jpg

Water2.jpg

Parts list:

Cathar's White Water block

Danner Mag 5 with plastic home depot fittings

73 Chevy Caprice 9.5 x 5.125 x 2" heatercore

Custom plastic shroud

1/2 ID Tygon Tubing

On my non-overclocked XP2000 with 27C case temps, I get a 28C idle and a 30C load. :)

I'll overclock once I unlock and get a better power supply. My system gets cranky at over 145ish fsb.

Feel free to comment on my system. :)

I must say, it looks clean, one thing though. You should find a better host for those pics, it is taking forever!!! I feel like im back on a 56er...

What are you running as your coolant? Just straight distilled water??

wow thanks, i was wondering how to install watercooling in my case, you just gave me the answer :)

Nice and clean job, what was your temps on air ?

I know my hosting for the pics sucks. I'll try to switch to a better host soon.

My air cooled temps were 31C idle and 40C load, with the same case temps. I was using a Thermal Integration V77L heatsink. :)

I'm running straight distilled water until I find some Water Wetter or Purple Ice locally.

wow.. your temps are either high or mine are low... ive got a dragon orb3 with a 2200xp running with a 200mgz over clock and iam getting the same temps as you with an orb.. it almost makes it worth the noise it makes :\ - iam still getting watercooling but it better be more effiecent then this dammed orb

*edit* pictures just loaded.. looks pretty :cool:

well his load temp is only 3 degrees above ambient, he can't do much better than that, its very efficient.

How much above your case temp is your cpu temp? There is also a natural flaw of insocket thermistors to consider, (is that what you are reading giblet?) and also you can not compare with different motherboards or you just multiply the error again.

That looks great... i like the combination of that rad with the WW. easier to get every last bit of heat out of it. :)

my case temps are 27C ... and i only have a total of 3 fans in the system (nb gpu cpu) .. could the temp readings just be a fault with the mobo? (iam getting a external temp rack)

That setup looks great. I would like to make one suggestion about your pump though. You should put a hose clamp around the pump inlet. I've heard about some of these Danners (I run one) getting slight cracks around the inlet area when a barb is in it, then gradually expanding. This only happens with the barb in it. Since you run it inline, it may be a good idea for safety.

WOW, that is a clean looking case. I really like you rad setup. Good job on fitting all that big stuff in such a small place.

I am looking to add a system something like this. Smaller heatercore though. Was just wondering how much extra weight you have with the full setup? I have that exact case in a blue too.

Back