• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Tubing won't stay straight

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Tipycol

I'm not sure what do to about it. I'm using tygon 3/8" ID but the tubing always seems to want to bend and flatten so that it's really cutting the water flow. Anyone have any suggestions on what I can do to try and prevent this?

If your willing to redo your setup in Tygon tubing you will be able to make bends and corners with the tube kinking. If not try putting a clamp where it is kinking and straighten it out w/ a hose clamp.

-toxik

Hmm, I tried putting the smallest hose clamp but it was too big for the tubing :( Guess I'll redo the setup, since it's not in the case yet. Do you think I should get 1/2" ID tubing since I'm taking out the 3/8 or should I just stick with what I got?

You should use thick walled tubing to prevent the kinking, i.e. 1/8" walls. I had the same problem with my thin wall tubing until I switched to the thicker stuff, no more problems now :)

yeah, thick walled tubing is great to prevent kinks. also, you might want to consider using right angle fittings of you have a real troublesome few bends in your system. they really dont decrease the flow that much appreciably

boil it.. i belive hoot sujested this in another thread but if you heat up some hot water and put the piping in that the pipe should get rid of the reel imprint ask hoot.. he knows more about it

Got the same with my tubing, but I had it coming to me since I use cheap PVC tubing.
I had to put an elbow on the tube so if wouldn't bend.
Probably would have been forced to do the same with tygon cuz my case is so small

Back