• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

myIE2 to blame?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

13rian

i've had this proggy for 2+ months and loving it, but a MAJOR flaw i have recently ran into is that i cannot send out e-mails in my hotmail account. i was able to when i initially installed myIE2.
only flakiness myIE2 showed was that when i first sign-on to my hotmail account, it'd say that i was not using IE which they recommended should be used. still tho, back then, i was able to get thru, send e-mail out fine.
*one thing that is odd tho is that everytime i scan my system with WinDoctor with SystemWorks 2003, i get several errors for an invalid key or ___ that doesn't even exist in C:\Windows\System\....(the rest is non-existent, but the rest of the extension does exist in C: drive itself)

is it some sort of association that myIE2 wrote over IE which is needed so i am able to send e-mail out from Hotmail?

another problem i'm not sure is of the same source is Windows Update, being that it doesn't exactly work, which is a bit...well it BLOWs!

when i go to 'Start --> Windows Update' and it opens up the original IE and quickly loads this message:
Thank you for your interest in Windows Update ||| Windows Update is the online extension of Windows that helps you get the most out of your computer. []b|||[/b] You must be running a Microsoft Windows operating system (wtf?!?!) in order to use Windows Update.

sumhow it believes i'm not running windows, which i AM (Win98SE)

a lil help on either of these would be greatly appreciated, thx!

MyIE does not write any files or registry enteries. All its files are contained in its program folder. Whatever problem you're having must be from IE, windows or something else. Try running LavaSoft Ad Aware6 and get rid of any spyware that might be throwing a wrench in the works.

IE6sp1 has Alexra spyware embeded in it for tracking you online. I frequently find crap like that after M$ updates or just picking up tracking cookies while surfin'.

i've already used SpyBot, a more aggressive and more affective version of Ad-Aware. i've also done all the systemworks 2003 scans i could possibly do...nuthin

i have recently re-installed Windows 98 SE, and was as successful as poo

Try Ad Aware 6 too. Its every bit as good as spybot.

Spybot can and will mistakenly take out important system and registry files if you let it. Always be sure that what it tags is in fact spyware.

Running both will often catch stuff each on its own would miss.

Last edited:
It looks like your windows update is broken. Try using Google to look up your error message. That takes you to specific help most of the time.

It could even be missing or changed registry keys. A lot of windows functions depend on them.

Last edited:
currently i'm having trouble with a video card display driver update and now won't display the desktop at all really, although i can navigate it to restart. if u or anyone else who reads this can help out, it's in the Video and Sound Cards forum section.

after that's fixed, i ur suggestion is naturally the only thing i can do. thx 4 ur replies

its not MyIE2.

i've been using it for a long time and with a hotmail account even longer. I've never had any problems.

no clue what it could be. are you overclocked? maybe instable.

Back