• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Just wondering if anyone.....

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Tomsawyer

Has changed blocks from an original DangerDen Maze1 waterblock to anything newer and gotten better temp marks?

Now I know this is a difficult thing to gauge since most people (like myself) where at the same time also changing other components such as chips or board.

I myself am finally retiring my trusty AMD 800mhz thunderchicken (oc to 1.3ish) that was happy on its Abit KT-RAID (not A) and getting a new epox 8rda+, an xp2100(b), and 2 sticks of 512mb ddr 3200 twinmos.

The original thunderchicken averaged 30C idle and about 34C full load. This was using the original dangerden maze1, rio600 submerged pump, heatercore/120mm 115v fan controlled by a ceiling fan rotary switch for noise controll :)

ANYWAY, has anyone switched blocks and seen better cooling. Just wondering if these new maze channels and block designs provide more cooling.

I would try out the Maze1 on your new CPU. I'm sure it'll work, and definately out-perform aircooling solutions.

brother has a maze 1 and a XP 1600 @ 1853 with a external RAD setup and a 172mm 300cfm fan at about 100 cfm~ outside temps are about 15c and his cpu pulls about 19-20 folding (8k3a+)

Spyder

Back