• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Just picked up a kit and need a bit of advise please.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

OC Noob

I just picked up this kit:

http://forum.oc-forums.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=166754

Its got a 1048 pump and the CPU block.

I'd like to get a block for the NB of an A7N8X-DD and a 9700 pro.

I'll get a chevy heater core and use that later, but will be using the rad included for a while.

What would be the best way to set the 3 blocks, serial or split the lines?

Will the pump be strong enough?

I was thinking setting the blocks up serial style going from the rad to the CPU to the NB to the vid card. Will the water heat up to much by the time it reaches the vid card or does the water stay a pretty consistant temp though out the system?

Thanks for the help!

I used a 1048 to drive a low pressure drop design water block and low pressure drop design NB cooler in series with a chevette type heater core. All had 1/2 inch overbored barbs and it did just fine. Everything was inside the case, so runs were short and lift was minimal. I did not also have a GPU block though. That, having been said, when I jumped up to the 1250, I saw a 1C drop in the CPU core temperature, so more power is always a little better. I can not speculate on how a system of three blocks would perform with a 1048.

Hoot

I'll do that for sure then.

What do you guys think about the 3 blocks set up serially? Is that the way its usually done?

Yes, but some times it pays to think "outside the 9 dots". That's where new and sometimes better ideas come from.

Hoot

Back