• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Maxi-jet 1200

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DeathONator

I would like to use the maxi-jet pump, but I also want to connect to 1/2" ID tubing. How can I use the Max-jet1200 w/ 1/2" tubing?

Any suggestions?

You can stretch 1/2" over the inlet by warming the tubing.

My method was to take a piece of copper the size of the inlet...warm the tubing, put the tubing on the copper pipe, put both in the fridge, wait...pull it out and it would be the size of the inlet of the pump.

After all was said and done, the tubing was stretched to perfection and fit perfectly onto the pump inlet and has been working flawless ever since.

actually elekt, you got that backwards ;)

the inlet is 3/4" and the outlet is 1/2". be careful when you clamp down that the clamp is centered over the appropriate fitting so you dont break the plastic fittings. a little insurance in the form of some silicone fittings or perhaps some marine goop would go along way in my book. you can adapt it with some parts from home depot

Back