• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

2 Questions on the ABIT KT7A-Raid MBD

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Red_Baron

I have 2 quick questions on the KT7A-R MBD,

1.) I receive a message that the cpu is unworkable and/or has changed, but when ever I go and change it to the correct proc type, the computer will boot, but I get no video response... why is that? I have to reset bois jumper before it will work.

2.) can this board support the DDR- Ram (I want to upgrade the mem)

My current config is:
KT7A-Raid w/ 1.1 Ghz Amd Thunderbird
224MB Ram ( all off an old Compaq)
Voodoo 5 5500 64MB Agp
Win2k Pro
(thinking of putting 98SE in dual boot on the system)
14GB + 6GB HDD

I play alot of games (EQ, Rogue Spear, Age of Empires2)and run FrontPage2000 and Photshop 6.0

1. What exactly are you setting it to. I accidently set mine to 133/44 instead of 133/33 once and had to clear it because the video would not work.

2. no, it uses PC133

if cpu is not unlocked this must be done to start at more than x100 mhz if its 1.3 it willbe 13x100 or you will get this message if u didnt get cpu and mobo together it may not have this setting in bios.
i am not aware of it supporting ddr.
as for agp make sure it is seated correctly,it should boot at low res. and allow u to download drivers.
check mem to be sure its seated correctly in slot 1.
if it was shipped with ww bios you need cpu fan in fan 1 header,its farther away than fan 2 header this will cause a no boot situation and would be my first guess.
let us know.

Back