• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Fps Problem???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

**CoOlEr**

Registered
Hellp my fellow technicians!

need a little advice here...or help if you will...

my GeForce 4 Ti4200 is o/c normally @ 308/610 now when i play games or like count-strike my FPS is very low..like 71....is that normal..i heard people saying on the server that they were hitting 250 fps...with like the geforce 4 MX...what is going on> Possible for them... if so whats going on with my card? why so low fps?

oh and is the Geforce 4 Ti 8x card or 4x cause my mobo only supports up to 4x...

thx

One of three things could be the cause of this.
1. Their cpu is faster. Older engine stress the spu more than the graphics card.
2. They're running at a different resolution than you, with everything turned down.
3. Drivers may need to be replaced/reinstalled

actually i don think you have anything to worry about, no matter what i do to my graphics (ti4600 btw) CS never hits higher then 72fps which leads me to belive it's limited to that...thus preventing lag possibly.

I think that if someone was telling you about 125fps they were either lieing or perhaps they had the mod version (as mine is the retail)

The highest fps CS will tell you that it's rendering is 100 (well, 99.9). By default, the max fps is set to 72, but if you have vertical sync on, you will be limited to whatever your refresh rate is (this is actually better, because even though I can hold 100 fps, it feels a lot smoother when I have vertical sync on)

If you bring up the console and type timerefresh, it will rotate your screen all the way around and then show you an fps (kinda like a mini-benchmark). This number will vary greatly by your location on a map. Sometimes that number might be quite low, but don't worrry, because the CS gfx engine is just kinda old and can't handle very many polygons (especially noticeable on custom maps).

People aren't lying when they tell you they have over 100 fps. They are just doing timerefresh and taking that number. BTW, if all they get is 125 with timerefresh, their computer is probably a LOT slower than yours :D

well i tried that fps_max thing and actually i am now @ 99..moves down a bit when someone throws a smoke gernade other then that it stays pretty much @ 99....well i guess my card is fine....

thanks you guys....

Back