• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

problem updating ATI Radeon driver

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

13rian

***Has been fixed!!!***

i have windows 98 se and an ati radeon 8500le [iono what other info i should give]

i've been trying to fix and update my video card driver for the last two days and i thought i fixed it last night, but apparently not. when i attempted to upgrade the video card driver following step-by-step on what to do on a trusted website this specific error arises:

Code:
"Enum/PCI/VEN_1002&DEV_514C&SUBSYS_7149174B&REV_0... [title bar]   [b]|||[/b]   SURegCreatekey failed!"

this appears after, i believe, successfully uninstalling the previous ati radeon driver [the base driver], deleting [and backing up] the ati*.* files in C:\Windows\INF, deleting the registry folders the website tells me to do, going into Standard Display Adapter (VGA), and double clicking the new driver i downloaded [7.83].

the 2nd attempt on double clicking the file strangely goes through and says it was successful in completing the installation, but when i reboot, windows is black with white deformed text [desktop NEVER shows]. all i can basically do is restart the comp and go into safe mode, but i have run out of ideas to go through to try and fix the problem.

any helpful suggestions or feedback is greatly appreciated.

***Has been fixed!!!***

if anyone wants to know, a friend 1st cleared all display drivers [including removing the Display Adapter in Device Manager], reboot, put my display in Standard Display Adapter (VGA), extracted the driver files to a folder, went to Display Properties, Change, and manually searched for a specific file extracted previously, then rebooted

Last edited:
Back