• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Is this even better than regular heater core?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

OTMOPO3OK

Hi guys i found this heater core and i have a question...
is it better than regular core where water makes a loop?
(goes down and back up--i mean a core with tubes on one side)
but in this one it just runs thru once...meaning it flows twice slower than the other core(above) since all the water devides among all the tubes...in regular core it flows only in half of the core and back in other half....
so which one is better...can anyone advise....just from theoretical point of view....
thank you...
http://www.heatercore4u.com/2-149.htm
2-149.htm

Last edited:
i think it would work better, because it would have more flow, because if you look at it the whole top and bottom are big water spaces, it looks like the flow is straight throw from one end to the other, with out any turns in it but i dont know get it and a normal heatercore about the same size and let us know witch one works better :)

yeah, i highly doubt it would be much difference as a 1 pass as opposed to a 2 pass. the reason being, as I have said time and time again, the main issue for radiators is acheiving a really high surface area to volume flow rate ratio. the more metal you can put in direct contact with water over a smaller cross section, the better. the main core in choosing a radiator heat exchanger is a "core" style and size. thats about it

be that said, it might perform better as it has a significantly larger area. 7.75"x6"x2" where most cores are only 6.25x6.25x2. 93 square inches for that one and only 78 for normal chevette cores. that much increase in surface area will likely bee significant, but nobody's ever really quantitatively tested something like that. we can only speculate

Thx for the replies guys....i went with the regular one( 2 pass) because it's slightly larger in size 8x7x2...just ordered on ebay...and this one is only $10
thx again

Back