• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

vdd mod clarification.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

deathstar13

FSB FRIEK
ok guys this mod has to be done even tho i dont like it.i didnt buy a a7n8x becouse i thought id have to mod it like this.anyhooooo

i know what chip it is im working on np.i know i use the 1st leg and the 4 leg also.and the 4th leg is a ground.heres my questions.

do i put the resister between the 1st and 4th legs? like connect them with it?

and i hear about a ground wire that needs run to the mobo or psu/case if i run the ground wire to the 4th leg what connects to the 1st leg?

i want to be 100% sure before i go smoken a decent mobo.
wouldnt i get a boost in vdd also if i hooked the 1st leg to ground? that question is just off my head there so i dont know if it even works like that.

im stuck at 190fsb with a screamen cpu and kicken ram :( i need this mod badly!

Yes you put the resistor between the 2 pins.
You CAN use another ground( other folks have- I use leg #4 it is the closest and easiest imo), just make sure that whatever you use is a solid connection, as a loose connection will cause current surges, which will most likely damage something.
Here is a link to the Xtreme vmod section, there are numerous threads on it, Jeff's was the first and the others came later, most have pics to go along with the discussions.

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=83

Good Luck

muzz

Mods are done at your own risk..( sorry I just had to say it...:D )

risk? hmmm all i can say is "i never owned a cpu that didnt like 2.2v!"

btw i swear if this freaken snow dont stop here in ohio so i can get out of the damn house and get to radio shack for parts im gonna just jab a screw driver in there and hope for the best :D jk

Last edited:
Back