• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Has anyone seen THIS pump b4?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
No mistake, it's really rated at 700 GPH or 2650 LPH. Max head is rated at 3m. Also, this is a somewhat large pump. It weighs approximately 4 lb. and is approximately 6" x 3.5" x 5".

It runs smoothly and quietly, and appears to be of higher quality than Via Aqua pumps, but I have no long-term study of reliability. I will not say that it will rival the Eheim pumps for reliability, but it's a great Bang for the Buck.

is it a good idea to have a pump that is that powerful?

the reason i ask is that i have got a huge 3720lph pump just wating to go into a w/cool system.

the wattage is proberly sky high for its GPH. but on place it does not come close to Eheims is the EMI shielding! Thats the bottom line difference for some people. like me, but still............

I'm using a 642GPH Rio 1700 and it's running just fine (just can't rest the pump next to the monitor, or it flickers a little) so I'd think a 700GPH pump would work just fine.

This is a mistake. There are pumps on other websites that look exactly like it that are rated 700LPH, which is 185GPH.

50" head rating is good, though.

Power comsumption is 11W.

It's 3.5" x 2" x 3"

Greystar post proof, Many pump designers make similar looking pumps (usually in the same line, ie Ehiem) plus NeoMoses has posted that the Pump is 6" x 3.5" x 5" not 3.5" x 2" x 3"

Graystar said:
This is a mistake. There are pumps on other websites that look exactly like it that are rated 700LPH, which is 185GPH.

50" head rating is good, though.

Power comsumption is 11W.

It's 3.5" x 2" x 3"

I'm sorry, but this pump is rated at 2650 L/H, or 700 GPH and a max head of 3m. I know that from the outside it looks like every other mag-drive pump ever made. It's what's inside the plastic covering that counts.

NeoMoses said:

I'm sorry, but this pump is rated at 2650 L/H, or 700 GPH and a max head of 3m. I know that from the outside it looks like every other mag-drive pump ever made. It's what's inside the plastic covering that counts.

Well, if you've actually ordered this exact pump from this dealer, then I stand corrected.

I was going by two things. First, the shipping weight listed is 1.2 pounds. That is shipping weight of a pump 1/4 the size of most 700 GPH pumps, which are usually between 2.5 - 4 pounds when shipped. Second, the barbs look really big in relation to the rest of the pump, making the pump pretty small compared to others of similar capacity.

Back