Results 1 to 4 of 4
Thread: Question about: Memory Speeds
02-17-03, 12:51 PM #1
Question about: Memory Speeds
I'm about to buy my new rig (see sig, "future setp").
Now I need a fast answer to these questions:
1. Basicly any RAM should work at his marked speed?, I mean for example GeiL Pc3200 should work at 200 FSB shouldn't it?
2. I can't afford the Corsair's what's one level lower?
3. Help my fix the ram for my Rig, here are the must have:
a. will work at 200FSB for sure!
b. lifetime warrenty!
c. cheap, like 120$-130$ max!
d. 512 Mb on it.
That's it folks
02-18-03, 08:36 AM #2
02-18-03, 10:04 AM #3
- Join Date
- Mar 2001
02-18-03, 11:53 AM #4
- Join Date
- Feb 2003
I'd assemble and test out the next system first using existing memory, so you get an idea how high the FSB can go, since nforce2 AMD boards have a wide range of top FSB, from 180 to 230+ MHz.
If you decide the top FSB (whatever you can do to overclock) is around 200, there are many 3200C2 to choose from. But if it can go up to 210-220 or beyond, then I'd get a Corsair 3500C2 which is spec'd at 217 MHz 6-3-3-2.
Overclocking sandbox for A64 939 systems with Winchester and beyond
A64 CPUs, chipsets, motherboards
A64 Overclocking Result Collection
Overclocking sandbox: Tbred B DLT3C and beyond
- DFI LP UT NF4 Ultra-D, Opteron 165 CCBBE 0610 DPMW 3.00 GHz, highest clock 3.30 GHz, XP-90, G. Skill 4800 2 x 512 MB, X800Pro (Winchester 0447 CBBHD 2.83 GHz 314x9 1.52V)
- ABIT NF7-S rev 2.0, Mobile Barton 2600+ IQYHA 0351 MPMW 2.71 GHz (225x12), 18/37 C, 1.89 V, SLK-947U 80mm Tornado (w/ fan control), 512 MB x 2 3500 C2 2-3-2-5, 9500 np -> 9700 np 360/311
- ASUS A7N8X DLX, Tbred B 1700+ 0310 XPMW 2.56 GHz (205x12.5) 1.94 V, max at 2.6 GHz, SLK-800U + TT SFII, 48/40 28/26 C, 512MB 3500 C2 2-3-2-5 (retired)
- Intel 8088 4.77 MHz 8bit CPU, 64KB memory, 1 MB HD, 5 1/4" floppy drive, DOS, 200 bps modem, 80x25 char display