• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

YAY my USB 2.0 isn't working!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

BomberBear

Ok, I had 2/4 USB ports hooked up to the front ports on my case. They stopped working tonight and I was thinking that it was the front of the case or only those 2 ports. Well I put my 2 1.1 ports to the front of the case and moved the 2.0 to the back. The front case ports worked. Then I noticed my mouse wasn't working! (hooked up to 2.0) Then I switched it to the other 2.0 port and it still didnt work I reinstalled the new Via 4in1s and yes I checked the bios to make sure the 2.0 chip was enabled.

If you didn't get that, my 4 USB 2.0 ports aren't working. I still have my 4 USB 1.1 ports which only 2 are being used. If it turns out to a RMA, I wont do it because I already went through the 3-4 weeks of waiting before...

Anyone have any ideas?
Oh yeah GA-7VRXP 1.1 w/ AGP fix M12 bios.

Try deleting from device manager and then rebooting and getting them detected by windows again.
Hood

haha ok, I'll try that in a few minutes
Thanks.

Also... off topic but how do you forcefully delete a file that windows wont let you delete (even in safe mode) because *it's being used by another program*?

Edit: ok that was easy enough... working fine now.

Last edited:
BomberBear
I would think that you would have to use the Ctrl Alt Del to get the processes that are running and then shutdown the one that is causing the prob, then delete the file.
Hood

I even booted up in safe mode to see, but that didn't help... what's safe to close? everything but explorer?

Not 100% sure. depends on OS. If you can find what the file is for (what prog) then you should be able to work out which process is using it.
Hood

Back