• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Well I wasn't going to do it but....

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

OnDborder

I ordered an 8rda+ today..
If I can achieve the same results with the rda as with this one, with this ram, that will be Ok.
I think I like the pci/agp lock. Kind of takes a little of the worry out of ruining a component.

Ya I know, kinda old by now..

Haven't got it yet but ya gotta plan ahead...
Will I need to do the mod to the vdd if I don't plan on going sky high with my fsb?
Is soldering a requirement on the vdd mod?

Elusion, what did you use to hold the cooling devices on the sb and mosfets?

If you want to achieve super high fsb (e.g like 230+mhz) I think VDD mod is really necessary... I mess up my first 8rda+ mobo due to bad soldering job... so now I am just use SMD Grabber... instead solder them, just clip them.

I use ASilver epoxy to hold my ram sink and also chipset heatsink onto my MOSFET and also South Bridge. I use super glue to fix the fan onto the near by capacitors.

the lowest ive seem someone achieve was me :( im an under acheiver i guess.anyhow it did 192 out of the box.

seems kinda like a trend latly ive been reading also.
even if you have to do it with smd grabbers it isnt hard so dont worry.its only scary when you close your eyes lol

Using the grabbers makes it look pretty easy..
What would be better, an adjustable or fixed resistor??

So according to Elusion's site, a 820 ohm will give a 1.80-1.85 volts. Right?
What would 755 give??

I think I'll use the fixed resistor, the adjustable is a little confusing..

Last edited:
(176 / ohms resistance) + current vdd voltage = resulting vdd voltage

(176/755) + 1.60 = 1.833 V

* if your default vdd is 1.60V

OnDborder

I would suggest 700 ohm, it will give ya 1.85v (each board is really different, probably because of psu)

my board @ 700 ohm only give 1.80v but for my fren's board, he got 1.85v

Ordered mine today. My buddy did the VDD mod and it works great. He was only able to hit 190 before the VDD. Now he's at 200 stable.

Just finished my VDD mod. I soldered a 1k resistor, now my VDD shows 1.75V in BIOS instead of 1.57. Right now I'm running at 205MHz FSB, before mod 192 was the maximum. I attached 40mm Delta fan onto the northbridge heatsink but system was very unstable anyway. Then I noticed that the soutbridge is running very hot. I put a small heatsink on the southbridge, and this really solved the unstability problems.

I have no thermal epoxy, so I put superglue on the heatsink corners and thermal paste in the middle, also fan to northbridge is attached with double-sided sticky tape. Cheaply, but works :)

Back