• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

visiontek ti4600 Ocs

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

LittlePiggie

I am just curious what others have gotten from their visiontek G4 ti4600 128mb cards. I am getting one next week and I would like to know ther peoples experience with them.

-John-

not much

I've tried overclocking it several times in the last year (i got mine last february when they first came out) w/o much luck. Since I'm not one to rip off the stock cooler and start doing major mods to a 400 dollar vid card, the most i have accomplished is the gpu 300 up to 315 and the memory from 650 up to 680 @ 100% stability. with good cooling i have no doubt it could go higher, the memory chips have no cooling at all and at stock speeds they feel hot to the touch.

do any of your scores go down when you oc the visiontek card? i always geta lower score so i usually leave mine at stock. but i have run it up tp 315cpu and 702mhz ram stable.

If its overclocked too far scores will go down because of errors. You have to find the sweet spot. My generic ti4600 will go to 315/742 before slowing down. That's with stock cooling so I'm tempted to pimp it out with some ram sinks and a good heatsink/fan on the core. I know it would do even better.
The core seems to affect performance the most in GF4's, whereas it was the memory for the GF3's.

Back