• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

awesome DIY res

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I've seen similar before, nice post. If I were gonna do that tho, I wouldn't use elbows for the barbs.

peace.
unloaded

I think it would be cool to make a clear innovatek style res like this:

Tanko2gr.gif

only with the inlet on the top. You'd have to make the fitting come in at an angle to avoid killing flowrate. :eek:

I agree, I love this innovatek res, but it's so expensive. I am trying to figure out something that would work as the actual container, but can't find anything that shape or general size. Any ideas?

I think someone should try to build one with the beta fish tank ... with a beta fish in it. Those things live forever. lol

Also, if you check out Home Depot or Lowe's I'm sure you could find some clear tubing for an Innovatek style res. If not, you can always use PVC pipe if it doesn't have to be clear.

Last edited:
ive done a 3ft tall pvc version.
3.25" pipe im gonna paint it yet but works great.
i hope to have a crappy web cam tomorow for pics but i dont expect much from a web cam anyhow.

id guess mine holds well over 1gallon.

with water spitting out into a res wouldn't you lose serious flow rate as aposed to not having a res and not losing all that momentum the water already has?

The water has to go somewhere, as does the pressure, so no, you don't loose much flow. If you have the res after the cpu and before the rad (so the water is hot), the benifit as a heat dissipator is more than the loss in flow.

I found a site here that sells clear PVC. The cost is anywhere from $0.88 to $19.86 per foot based on the diameter of the tubing. 3/8 inch being the smallest, and 6 inch being the largest.

Back