• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Is there any particular year for heater coares thats better?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Since most heatercores are built the exact same way(almost), I picked my based on size. It can slide in a 5 1/4 drive bay.

I think most agree that the bigger the heater core, the better it is though.

I would also tend to think that some models of HCs are better quality than others. I'm guessing a BMW HC would be of better quality than say a Ford HC. I'm personally going to try a late model VW HC and see how it works. They look alot better than most HCs and are supposed to be one of the longer lasting ones.

Not really, if the heatercores are made by the same company.

As for mine, I measured the area I had for placement, and bought the appropriately sized heatercore.

no magic year

but im finding that cars that are pre 1990 normaly have copper or copper+aluminium cores and those after 1990 are almost allways aluminium

the dates are only rough you can get aluminium in 80s cars.

Ford F-150 was 18.99 at checker and was very heavy and Big. I wanted Big. Not sure the year 1988? and the In and Out are 5/8 inch meaning you can solder in 1/2 copper pipe.

I picked poorly, 75 f150 standard cooling fit's perfectly in the front of my mid tower but the connections were side mount so I had to cap and redrill, although this core would be really nice for a sideway's install!!

Back