• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Looking for the perfect radiator

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

WinFlex

My new system is running an eheim 1250 with 1/2 id tubing. In order not to create any bottlenecks, I need a radiator/heatercore with atleas 1/2 inch fittings.
Can anyone point to a radiator with a very high heat - dissipation? Also, low price is essential :)

heatercore <--- one of the universal answer... it is cheap and it out perform BIX

It is only $20 if you get the 86 chevette heater core from local auto store and fit the 1/2 barbs on by yourself. Or you can order from d-tek customs

Chevette rules

The 86 Chevette heatercore has a 3/4" intake and a 5/8" output i think. The pipes flare at the end though, so if you just dremel off the flare, and heat your tubing in water you can just squeeze your tubing over the copper pipe fairly easily. It should not require any soldering or welding. Another great idea to do with the Chevette heatercore is WetWilly's shroud mod. It is very effective, good looking, and cheap as dirt!!!

Back