• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Will This fan controller from newegg be ok?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
i went to thermaltake's site but could not find any info on the power rating that unit has. i suppose it would work but if it cannot handle the fan wattage you might run into problems. the tornado is rated at 9.1 watts!

Umm well im buying so much at once at the mo that $25 is not in my budget or i do not get a slk 800.
I will try the tt controller and if it breaks next month get the real deal. Thanks again for checking the site. On the above link did you read the newegg review on the item as some folks said what fan they used i know nothing about them.
Malc.

Why not just save ur money and get the pcmods controller in a few weeks and have $10 extra in ur pocket?

speedbird2007 said:
Umm well im buying so much at once at the mo that $25 is not in my budget or i do not get a slk 800.
I will try the tt controller and if it breaks next month get the real deal. Thanks again for checking the site. On the above link did you read the newegg review on the item as some folks said what fan they used i know nothing about them.
Malc.

no, but i found this.

" Thermaltake Fan speed RPM switch @ I'm Not A Geek
In their ever-expanding line-up of thermal solution products is the Thermaltake Fan Speed H.M.L RPM Setting Cable, P/N: A1268. Although not Thermaltake's most advanced offering, its simplicity may be its strongest selling point, and could provide a quick fix for people looking to control a fan's speed without buying/building a full-blown fan bus."

I have a link i want you to see mate
http://www.bestbyte.net/Product.cfm?ProductID=825&CategoryID=6&Keyword=

The thing is it has a four pin to the power and then it has a 3 pin for fan to plug into. The three pin on fan is only yellow signal so i can just plug that right into the cpu fan socket.
Then cut the 4 pin power plug off cut the 3 pin from the controller and connect it up.
The link you showed would work as well i wonder if newegg has those.
It is my birthday on friday and i get paid some im shopping at newegg can't wait. I have loads to get.
2100 cpuxp
more ram
slk800
vantc fan
maybe a GF4 TI
Thanks for all your help witth this i know im a pain in the neck. I have had loads of help where to buy stuff online and adviceas i did not know anywhere when i first moved to usa which made me buy a kds monitor from walmart which has gone wrong already lol.
Malc.

you are safe then dude. WHATEVER you do, just don't try to plug that thing into a mobo header. your s--t will fry the header. tornados draw way too much current. i have 4 of them in my case, i know.
let me know how it goes when you gather all your parts and throw them together.

Cheers mate i will do I may get a proper fan controller if i have enough cash left over anyway.
Rust do you think a GF3 ti 4200 128ram be ok?
As then i could get a good fan controller a GF4 TI4200 128mb will cost me $145 you see.
Is the GF4 much better really mate what you think?
Malc.

honest mate, i don't know jack about video cards but i do know that 128mb is well....128mb. nice addition to whatever ram scenario you have going on.
trust me, you won't regret getting a good fan controller. remember this: look for a controller that is flexible where wattage is concerned. tornados draw 9.1 watts of current. if the channel on the controller is lower than that of your fan you might run into problems. it might work but for how long is a different story. you know what i am sayin?

Back