• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AL440LX show wrong cpu spead

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

D.M

I have a really old computer with Intel AL440LX motherboard inside and PII 233Mhz CPU. I tried to upgrade the CPU yesterday. I bought an old PII 400 Mhz CPU and replaced the old one (233) with it. When I started computer bios showed that cpu spead is 266. I upgrade bios to the latest p14 from Intels homepage and tried to change the cpu speed in bios. I changed jumper position to come in to the bios configuration mode. Then I started to search how to change CPU speed but I did not find how. Does anyone had the same problem? Or got any idea how to solve this problem?

So my problem is that i cant change the cpu speed in the bios

THX

And sorry for my bad English

D.M

Last edited:
Aren't the 400mhz PII's multiplier locked? I know the 233's and 266's were unlocked but I thought 300 and up had factory locked multipliers. Don't know if it's any help but when I was exploring the overclockability of my PII233, I found that if I set the multiplier to high(anything above 4.5) the system would boot to a SLOW 133mhz default speed. This was also on a Gateway OEM 440lx board with the updated P14 Bios from Gateway. For more info on the 440lx mobo's check out http://home.earthlink.net/~billselk/al440lx/

Back