• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

better finish with 220 grit then 600?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
the middle has holes, and thats what you should be concerned with. You have to spend a good 30 minutes with each grit. The outsides will become flat, then slowly work to the center. Then I recommend using a 400 , then a 600 or 800. Total proccess will take about 90 minutes.

90mins thats a bit long it only takes me 10mins to do a whole block once its been machined flat.

it may look like it has a mirror finish but thats not what lapping is for. you are looking for a flat surface not a shiney one. got to 600 or 800 for best performance

make sure you do linear motions and use some diluted dishsoap for lube. 1:1 water and dishsoap.

I had the same problem for a while, then I got some new sand paper;)

600-grit paper will give a very "murky" finish, but that's 'cos you haven't worked it for long enough.

How hard are you pushing?

What works for me is just rest my hand on the block, don't push hard, and lap up and down with the 600-grit until you get all the marks of the lower-grade grits gone. Then when you want the shine, pick a spot on the sandpaper and lap in very small circles while pushing firmly. Every 30 seconds or so, and this is very important, bang the sandpaper with your hand to brush off the copper grit. Keep lapping in small circles (~2" radius). Within 3 to 5 minutes it should look like a mirror with very fine scratches.

Liss said:
lol....... can no one else see the weed?
of course everyone can see, the rest of us were just being mature enough to ignore it and thereby not encourage what appeared to be cries for attention... is that really necessary or appropriate? I don't mean this as a flame, but it worries me that you feel the need to advertise your affection for marijuana lately. You asked how much smoking is bad in another thread, and i answered when it starts to interfere in other aspects of your life... well its interfereing with your threads now, so i would consider it a problem.

Smoking marijuana, in my opinion/experience of about 20 years of watching various people's lives (about 25 different people) go down the toilet, or failing to achieve their full potential, is typically used as a means to escape from an issue that the person does not want to face.

Marijuana is much like alcohol. It numbs the mind and numbs the ability to detect the impact it is having on oneself. It also has a long term impact to impair one's reasoning and thought processes lasting several days, so people using it even occasionally often think that they are unaffected because they fail to notice the impact it has because they are still under the influence of it up to a week after using it.

I find the true sign of someone who's addicted (whether it be a physical or psychological addiction) is when that person aggressively defends the use of it, typically citing a mass of dubious evidence to support their stance, such is their level of denial and unwillingness to accept that it is having a negative impact on their lives. Problem is, marijuana also dulls the "care factor" about one's own problems, so even if realised by the person taking the drug, they lose the ability and motivation to do anything about it anyway.

very well said cathar, I too have seen many many people and their lifes go down the tubes because of that stuff. It doesnt get you anywere.
A previous good friend who was pretty smart, second degree blackbelt and all that good stuff waisted his life and still is, just a stoner who is never gonna get anywere, I dont know if he even made it past 10th grade?
Also my own brother, he had/has? it pretty bad, he was somewhat smart guy(not smart enought I guess) and he is just braindead like my old friend, Its what I see in you Peter, your not getting anywere by smoking weed.

It saddens me.

Jon

-EDIT- and cathar, what you said about numbing the mind and all that is VERY true.

-EDIT#2- BTW, this is the reason my bro got in a car accident and broke C5 verdibre in his neck and almost paralized him....

Last edited:
haha loser i noticed it, and scrolled through every post to see if anyone said anything and i was suprised that no one did, well not really. It is kinda tacky like you going out of your way, and PS learn how to roll a joint.

congratulations UnLoadeD. I'm not up to speed on all of Canada's laws, but is marijuana legal there? I didn't think so, but I'm not 100% sure. Either way, I don't think this forum was the best place to share that picture.

I, too have watched many of my intelligent friends lose their ambition and mental capacity due to various drug addictions over the years. The most noticeable change I have seen is the dulling of their intellects, starting with their common sense and their ability to communicate. Any more, I absolutely hate talking to some of them because it takes them forever to explain what they are talking about. A simple thought like, "I like custard filled donuts" seems to take 30 minutes to convey. It's just sad.

you guys dont know what you are talking about.
Marijuana do not have all those effects on peoples mind :
It does make you lose motivation if you consume to much of it - you can even say it destroys the memory but memory does come back if consumation was not to execive.

but what it is certainly not doing is any trouble to expression.
Exta does that. It also effects memory at long term but that is no good.

whether it be a physical or psychological addiction
there is no such things as physical addiction to marijuana
and psychological addiction would be the same as the one you get to coffee - meaning that you need one the morning or ull feel bad durring the day.

but lets close that debate. do some research if you dont trust me.

who every said i rolled it?
hmmmmmmm..
and yes i am running from a personal issue. and yes i'm crying for attention. i'm in a huge slump in my life right now, and this is the way i choose to deal with it.

Liss said:
who every said i rolled it?
hmmmmmmm..
and yes i am running from a personal issue. and yes i'm crying for attention. i'm in a huge slump in my life right now, and this is the way i choose to deal with it.

take it to GC or G&M and we would all like to discuss your issues with you... think nedclocker and creeping_death, we are often here to talk to our members about personal issues. We are happy to give attention, especially when it is looked for in the right way. a visit to the link that unloaded gave or a similar organization might not hurt either, i wager that the majority of the people who attend admit to haveing a drug problem due to "slumps" in their lives so they could probably even empathize and not just sympathize.

NTM if you don't stop soon you might start typing like this: :D j/k

Az.6669 said:
you guys dont know what you are talking about.
Marijuana do not have all those effects on peoples mind :
It does make you lose motivation if you consume to much of it - you can even say it destroys the memory but memory does come back if consumation was not to execive.

but what it is certainly not doing is any trouble to expression.
Exta does that. It also effects memory at long term but that is no good.

whether it be a physical or psychological addiction
there is no such things as physical addiction to marijuana
and psychological addiction would be the same as the one you get to coffee - meaning that you need one the morning or ull feel bad durring the day.

but lets close that debate. do some research if you dont trust me.

you can get physically addicted to coffee (caffeine)... and you can get physically addicted to marijuana. Following is a very basic explanation of how it works... it leaves deposits in your brain, your brain gets used to having them there, it becomes equilibrium for your brain, and then if there is not enough you feel physical craving. physical addiction. the social addiction can be much stronger, or in the case of depression, it can be even stronger yet. Depression can make you do CRAZY things, and forcing you into a drug addiction is not too far out there.

Back