• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Best new racing game!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TUK101

I just picked up Microsofts RalliSport Challenge and I have to say that it seems to be a very good game. The graphics are great and the driving physics seem to be pretty up to par. Granted I have only logged about an hour behind the wheel so to speek, but first impressions are good so far. If anybody else has tried it, tell us what you think :D

I haven't tried Rallisport Challenge yet. Downloading the demo right now.

I agree, NFS Porsche Unleashed is an AWESOME game. I lost my saved games many times (stupid little bro...) and ended up beating the game 5 or 6 times. But I enjoyed it every time.

i was very disappointed in NFS hot pursuit 2...i (heart) porsche unleashed but IMO High stakes was the best!!! sweet cars wicked tracks, tons of downloadable cars, and the internet beta was pretty sweet... i wish they made them like they used to:rolleyes:

grunjee said:
I tried the demo for this game a couple months ago and liked it, but it brought my 8500 to its knees :cry:

weird , i got a radeon 8500 64 mb, and in general my system is a little slower than yours i believe, especially since you overclock yours, and mine ran perfectly at 1600x1200 with everything set to max, but with aa turned off

I bought it when it first came out to be impressed with graphics and gameplay and depressed by no multiplayer.

TUK101 said:
I just picked up Microsofts RalliSport Challenge and I have to say that it seems to be a very good game. The graphics are great and the driving physics seem to be pretty up to par. Granted I have only logged about an hour behind the wheel so to speek, but first impressions are good so far. If anybody else has tried it, tell us what you think :D

I have to admit the the graphics in this game is very good, but I cant agree upon the controls. Honestly I think it sux... :( but hey thats me.

I still thinks that the Colin McRae 2.0 has the best contol ever when it comes to rally games..., ofcourse not to mention Sega Rally to Sega Saturn. :D

Re: Re: Best new racing game!!!

Perre said:

I still thinks that the Colin McRae 2.0 has the best contol ever when it comes to rally games..., ofcourse not to mention Sega Rally to Sega Saturn. :D
Sega Rally was a freaking fun game. I still have not had much time to log into this new game though so the verdict is still out on it. I am hoping that it remains fun and not repetitive.

Re: Re: Re: Best new racing game!!!

TUK101 said:
Sega Rally was a freaking fun game. I still have not had much time to log into this new game though so the verdict is still out on it. I am hoping that it remains fun and not repetitive.

Yeah, to be honest, maybe I didn't give the game a proper chance....couse after I've played it a couple of times the game control really turned me off. But if you find the control to work just fine, then I'm sure it will become much more funny ;)

Have you played Sega Rally a lot? I believe that's the game I've played the most (!!!) maybe I've played Cs a littble bit more hehe

But its was a couple of years now since I played it seriously and when I got my sega saturn down from the attic I got really sad...couse the game is so freaky ugly now that it all looks like an inferno with pixels. So last night I runied my beautiful memories about that game and how beautiful it was :bang head

hehe

i love Ralli Sports Challenege and i am waiting for Colin McRae Rally 3.0 which hopefully is going to be THE racing game

Yeah i have that 20 feet away from me right now on x-box, and all i will say is that you will not be dissapointed. Graphics are awesome, physics are wicked close to the real thing, if not dead on, did i mention the graphics? CMR 3.0 rules the school.

ive got sega rally 2 on the pc. I can honestly say that sega rally 2 was more enjoyable. Thats often the case with "realistic" racers such as RalliSport - they just arnt as fun. The grapahics are better, sure. but they are just missing that special something. Something which sega rally 2 had in abundance.

james.miller said:
ive got sega rally 2 on the pc. I can honestly say that sega rally 2 was more enjoyable. Thats often the case with "realistic" racers such as RalliSport - they just arnt as fun. The grapahics are better, sure. but they are just missing that special something. Something which sega rally 2 had in abundance.
I might have to check out that game. I saw it for like $10 in the bargain bin at Best Buy.

WOOOOT!! All Seeing Eye added support for Rallisport Challenge!!!!!!! I just played with a bunch of people and it rocks. GO GET THIS GAME!

Back