• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Beautiful New System

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

gouda96

Just wanted to get some opinions on the setup i am about to order. I plan on getting pretty much what seems to be the best stuff for a reasonable price:

-MCW5000-PT...cpu block
-MCW50-T...gpu block
-66 Chevette Heatercore with Wetwilly's shroud
-Eheim 1250 pump
-Bayres or clear DD res (I love the tank-o-matic, but the 3/8 fitting is unacceptable, even with a replacement barb it will still restrict flow)
and some 1/2id clearflex tubing
-Meanwell ps for 260w pelt, and i got a nice 550w 34A on the +12v line PSU for the comp and the 80w pelt.
Lian-li pc60 or 70 (I would prefer the 60, but for space might need the pc70)
UV diy

I was wondering what block is the best for northbridge cooling?

Should i get that red race, or whatever it is, anti-freeze?

And are there any problems with this combination of parts i am looking to put together?

you mean 86 not 66 ;) ~ the DD resivor has to have a spounge in it or something or the air will get traped, and the 1250 is a HUGE PUMP for a Pc60- get the 70~
Spyder

If you read closely on the swiftie blocks, they are made for 1/2"OD tubing (3/8"ID). There are fitting with barbs for 1/2"ID tubing but they are pretty restrictive from the looks of them.

peace.
unloaded

thanks

Unloaded i have to say i saw a thread showing you building one of your rigs, and that res, and it is simply a work of art!!!!

That out of the way i meant to say 1/2id, that is what i plan on getting.

Spyder i meant 66. The 66 Chevette is the one that everyone uses, and everyone says it is among the best. So what do you think about the dd res? It looks good, and a sponge is cheap...hehe. I was thinking the pc-70 being that i just won an auction for a pc-71 for $120...BOOYA!!!;)

What about north cooling? which block is the best for it?

What about anti-freeze?

no the 86 is the one that everyone uses..... i have 2 sitting next to me......... and if you check i dont even think theres a 1966 chevette.......

If you did not respond i would edit it.

HEHE that is funny i feel like a fool, i don't know what i was thinking... If people had not responded i would go edit that out. Man that is sad. I posted this in the same day i got it at NAPA, and apparently i went stupid between 3:00 and 12:00... ANYWAY... sorry bout that spyder. BTW how is the pump going now? should i be able to get it quiet and bubble free? I saw your post and was happy to see you cleared up the problems that i am anticipating.

LETS MOVE ON... what about the NB block and anti-freeze? If swiftech suggest 3/8id then would that be a perfect match for the tank-o-matic? I HATE ID/OD to annoying, get one size!!

Go 1/2" ID the whole way through. Yes, the swifty converters are restrictive, but that means they increase the water velocity, which is good for performance when it happens in the waterblock. You could maybe open them up a little bit with a dremel or sandpaper. :D

thoughts

what does everyone think?

When using swiftech blocks (mcw5000-pt, mcw50-t) what do people prefer, 1/2" or 3/8" id tubing? That is the question... what is your answer??

Last edited:
Back