• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Question about paint...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

engjohn

I am painting my Shuttle Mini case RED! It will be my firewall/Linux Server. I was wondering, should I have primered the CDROM and the Floppy or just the case. The case seems to be doing good with the primer, but the drives... it seems like it is getting THICK...

Any Suggestions, Should I get New drives and try again without primer?!? :???:

are you referring to the plastic driver faces? I would just lightly sand them, and then hit up the local body shop supply place and look for a plastic adhesion promoter, lightly coat the drive faces with that & then paint....In particular there is one adhesion promoter called Bulldog that works very well...it will even fill in light surface scratches from the sanding.

Yep that is what I wanted to know, I will have to get some more drives and give that a try...

Thanks...

No need to get new drives. Just scuff up the paint that's on it already, prime and paintg again. Or see if you can find somewhere that has old dead drives and see if they'll give/sell you the face plates (provided they match).

Back