• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need graphic stencils cheap as possible

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jabroni1m

All I can find are some gay looking flower and other things. I want some flames, dragons, etc. Something good, but easy to paint. Can't find these anywhere.

Yea, I searched michaels and all the hobby shops around. They don't have anything good. Just junk. Whats a good kind of paint to use on plastic? Model paint?

probably the best paint to use on plastic is model paint for small stuff or car touch up paint from pepboys or autozone or something

Thanks. I am going to paint my xbox but wanted to make sure I used the right kind of paint. After I paint it, is there any kind of coating I can put over it to make it smooth feeling and shiny?

Well when it started I wanted a link to a cyber deal on this, but people have just been giving good info on it so yea, as the thread is now, should probably be in alternative modding.

I assume your going to spray so car paint would definitely be best to paint an xbox, and dont buy the cheap stuff in the big cans either spend the extra $1-2 per can get high gloss paint if you want it shiny. Shake up your cans and take it nice and slow applying multiple thin coats.

you can try using clearcoat after you paint it but the spray stuff can be messy.

and dont forget to remove the shell from the xbox first
:eek:

Or if you dont want to deal with the hassle and a potentially messed up looking xbox get it professionally done at a body shop. Shouldn't cost much and those guys will do a much better job than you can ever do at home.

No, not going to spray. Going to use stencils to draw design, and then paint with brush.

back to the stecnil thing you could make your own pretty cheap

print out a design and transer it to cardboard or posterboard and cut out the design from that

If you like dragons and flames, you might try buying a cheap sci-fi poster and cutting the images out. Then trace it onto some cardboard or something. Then use the cardboard as a template. Maybe you could get a book advertising poster from some book stores for free. If you are artistic, you can personalize it yourself, and cut out the details where you want.

I found an excellent place to get them for about 2-3 dollars for a stencil that can be used thousands of times. Thanks everyone for ur help.

Yes, thats an excellent site and has better prices than the place I was going to use.

Back