• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

8rda+ Revision Numbers?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

nymph

Hello,

I am currently running the system in my sig below. I feel that my MOBO (revision 1.04) and pehaps my PSU are what is holding me back from hitting 200mhz FSB.

I want to buy the EPOX 8RDA+, but am not sure what is the most current revision number they are on now or which revision number everyone has the best OCing results with. I do not want to be in the same boat I am in now where people with the revision 2.0 ASUS A7v333 can easily hit 200mhz FSB and people with revision 1.04 (my board) have a hard time going above 182FSB...

All input on this will be appreciated. Thanks!

nYmph

Don't hesitate to order. With either board v1.0 or v1.1 you will be able to OC very high. One board is NOT better than the other.

The 8RDA+ rev1.1 is better for overclocking and has less problems than the previous one.The most important different is that the rev1.1 has the northbridge A3 while the rev1.0 has the northbridge A2.

pko/c said:
The 8RDA+ rev1.1 is better for overclocking and has less problems than the previous one.The most important different is that the rev1.1 has the northbridge A3 while the rev1.0 has the northbridge A2.

Does that go for the non + boards too?

jconforti said:
Got mine last week from Thompsons Computer (Florida). Most current MoBo. Rev 1.1, NB 3. $108.00

http://www.tcwo.com

Good Luck!

Thanks for the link!

I second OCn00b's question though that if the NB 3 can be found on the non + as well?

Thanks again for the replies...

nYmph

rev 1.1 board does not garentee to get the A3 stepping for NB.

In addition, some said rev1.0 and rev 1.1 uses different capacitor/voltage ic chip and which really hurts OC (still rumor)

Back