• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

OCZ PC3700EL 600FSB! Benchmark score?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

leathersmt

Ok, I took the advice fo the OCZ tech support and this is what I came up with. It is not in the 16000 , but is better then the 14000's that I was getting. Take a look and let med know what you all think please.
http://service.futuremark.com/compare?2k1=6038357
What I have is a 2.8 OC'd to 3.149 and the 9700 radeon is at 330/315 at the moment, thinking of going higher, buit so far, every time I have tried to up the 9700, it gets white flcks of spots on the screen, past where I am. Any help on that idea please is and will be appreciated??
I do have the Vcore up to 1.60 at the moment....

Last edited:
you have a 9700 and a 3ghz intel. why are you not in the 17k's or higher?

I assume since you are going to have 2 rigs you could volt mod your BD7 to make the comparison somewhat more, um, intersting :) 1.7V on the 1.6a and about 3V on the ram... 2.8GHz perhaps, should ring 15K from your GF4. I guess it depends on how gifted your 2100+ turns out to be, clock speed-wise. Then volt mod the GF4, 16K is in reach... heh. A spare computer is the root of all evil.

larva said:
I assume since you are going to have 2 rigs you could volt mod your BD7 to make the comparison somewhat more, um, intersting :) 1.7V on the 1.6a and about 3V on the ram... 2.8GHz perhaps, should ring 15K from your GF4. I guess it depends on how gifted your 2100+ turns out to be, clock speed-wise. Then volt mod the GF4, 16K is in reach... heh. A spare computer is the root of all evil.
i expect nothing less than 15,500 with the new system.

i might be too high but i think its definately attainable.

i'll check into the volt mod. haven't seen any info for vmodding the ram though. got link? i'd love to push this ram and see just how far it will go. 2.7 is the limit right now.

having 2 rigs is going to be so nice :D

I would do a vid pin mod with a blob of solder connecting the appropriate pins on the bottom of the motherboard for the cpu voltage. For the vdimm, you need to modify the board thusly:
vmod-chip2.jpg

procedure? i can't tell from a finished diagram what i'm supposed to do.

do you just turn the pot and your done? a little more explanation please :D

also the cpu mod.. aren't you supposed to do something to the pins of the chip not the mobo right? so what is this underside of the mobo thing you are talking about?

You have to add the pot and 10 ohm resister. The regulator IC is located behind the memory banks near the power supply connector. You have to clip pin 19, solder one end of R2 to the motherboard were pin 19 originally went, and the other end of R2 to pin 19. You then run a wire from the junction of R2 and pin 19 through the pot on its way to ground.

As far as the cpu voltage, you are indeed joining pins on the cpu, but as the cpu plugs into the socket on the motherboard, joining pins on it accomplishes the same thing without risking mucking up the cpu. Takes just a second to join pins on the bottom of the board, and is easily reversable.

Gee guys, thanks for answering my question............. if someone could help, I would appreciate it.

what is your question?

you say i installed the memory and it gave me this 3dmark result. what do you guys think?

and i said is that all?

i think i fulfilled the requirements for an answer.

No, as a matter of fact, to quote you,
>>you have a 9700 and a 3ghz intel. why are you not in the 17k's or higher?<<
You are erroneous in your statement of 3ghz intel, I have in my sig, and my statement, said that I have it clocked to 3.149 Now, I asked a question, where is your answer , and I repeat, a definitive answer to my question. You answered with a question. Now, the both of you took, my question, and have been bantering back and forth to each other about your computers. If that is what you two choose to do, then I am asking to please take it to another thread or make your own. I am here seeking an honest answer to an honest question. I am not here to argue with you about how you did not fulfill your requirements, and duties in this thread, and not only did you not, you abused my questions, to play between the two of you. I think this in itself was rude enough. Please either help, or take your comments to another thread.

I reideraite, does anyone know, why my P4PE with all the high PC3700EL memory and the best video card on the market as of today, cannot get above 15550 on a benchmark score. I have the CPU and FSB set at 150... the agp/pci locked at 66/33 and not set to turbo, as it will not boot , when I do. Also when I set the memory frequency at 400, it will not boot, I have it currently at 375. I have the settings for sdram, at 2.2.2.5.... and another question, is 1.5-3-3-5 faster then 2.2.2.5? Thank you for any and all helpful ansswers. I hope the above is not seen as rude, as all's I am trying to do, is get helpful answers to my questions.

Last edited:
try different drivers (video)
turn off aa and af
use 1024x768 desktop while benching
close all other programs while benching
give your chip some more juice and crank it up a bit. 1.60 is not enough. 1.7 is the safety limit. probably don't go past that.
try running from your raid array and also from your ibm backup drive just to see what happens.
check your memory timings. make sure you are running as aggressively as possible.
if you can use a 3:4 memory divider to get your memory speeds up around 180mhz. use more memory voltage if neccessary.

that should get you started.

edit: what are you doing for cooling?

cas 1.5 is faster per mhz however it really restricts your ram's speed. i would use cas2 and get the extra speed out of it. it will perform much better. i would try these timings 2 3 3 7 2T.

leathersmt said:

I reideraite, does anyone know, why my P4PE with all the high PC3700EL memory and the best video card on the market as of today, cannot get above 15550 on a benchmark score. I have the CPU and FSB set at 150...

Because benchmarks don't care how much you spent or how highly anyone thinks of your components. The fatal flaw here is the selection of the 2.8GHz cpu. This brings the 21 multiplier which is too high for optimal performance on a 845x platform. 150fsb is nothing for a 3150MHz P4, 175-200 and some memory speed is necessary if you want stellar benchmarks.

I don't know what the deal with your OCZ is, I don't think it is bad ram but 375MHz is nothing. You need 430-450MHz memory speeds for top performance, something that is possible with any good 845x motherboard and quality 5 or 6ns Winbond based memory. Raise all timings to the max, maximize the memory voltage, and turn off the turbo memory and system options in the bios and get the ram up to speed. You work memory timings down after the max operating speed has been established, and it should be a whole lot higher than 375MHz.

Simply choosing the biggest cpu and the biggest video card and the most expensive ram is no guarantee. You still need to worry about what is really good rather than just what is supposed to be good or would appear to be good in superficial terms.

I tested a 2.4b at 161fsb with the 3:4 mode enabled (2.9GHz on chip and 432MHz on the ram) and it did 14.4K with my Ti4400. With a 9700 this is in excess of 16K. The difference is fsb and memory speed, the extra 250MHz your 2.8 provides is not as large a factor in 3DMark testing.

thanks guys, I hope I did not offend anyone with my post, it is extremly frustrating sometimes, when this stuff starts going sideways. I apoligise. Have a good week, and I will do the suggestions stated.
Greg

OK, I did as you suggested, and the benchmark came out 100 points lower this time?
WOW< I even did the video settings are 800x600..............timings 2.3.3.7
I upped the vcore to 1.7.
I am off to try the timings at 2.2.2.5

put the video at 1024x768 not 800x600

the goal is to have the same size so the video card doesn't hafta keep both resolutions going at the same time.

Simple. You've pretty much hit the wall with your CPU. I had a 2.8 that also maxed out at about 150fsb. What you need is a big, fat, video card overclock.

Which means prying that cheapo cooler off the 9700Pro, and getting a nice, copper CoolJag 1U or something of the sort. If you really want to see some nice overclocking, and you can solder, do a voltmod for the core and memory. Might as well add some RAMsinks while you're at it.

XBitLabs did some voltmods on a 9700Pro, I forget what they had the core up to, but they broke 400MHz on the memory (DDR800)!

While I don't have the tools/materials/skills to solder, I am interested in doing a heatsink mod to get the core nice and high.

Ok on the screen resolutions, I may even go for the cooler, I have heard that works. Thank you for the help everyone.

Has it really been so long that everyone forgot what a bunch of scam artists OCZ are?

Come on people, remember the scandals

I wouldnt buy OCZ memory if they were the last DDR manufacturer on the planet, even if sdram was the only other option. I would sooner die (or quit computing, same thing) before giving those people my money.

Back