• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Swiftech Block Question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

gouda96

This is what i will be buying for my setup:
-MCW5000-PT...cpu block
-MCW50-T...gpu block
-66 Chevette Heatercore with Wetwill's shroud
-Eheim 1250 pumpo
-Bayres or clear DD res (I love the tank-o-matic, but not sure about fit)
-clearflex tubing
-Meanwell ps for pelts
Lian-li pc60 or 70 (I would prefer the 60, but for space might need the pc70)
UV diy

Swiftech suggests 1/2od (3/8id) tubing, but i have heard people suggest getting 1/2id fittings, and using 1/2" through the whole system. Is this a good idea, or should i stick to the 1/2od?

with those blocks it would make little difference, mite as well go with the 3/8

also, I think you need the tubing that swiftech uses so it stays in those quick connects good....

Swiftech sells 1/2" stem x 1/2" barb adapters for their blocks for use with 1/2" id hose. These adapters look less restrictive then 1/2"(1/4" NPT) barbs. This is just eyeballing, I have not actually measured them up. You do give up the quick connect feature for your lines as the stem of the adapter goes into the quick connect and then the line goes on the barb. Not a big deal, just remember that now your going to need hose clamps. I did see a review of Switechs older block comparing 3/8" id to 1/2" id set ups that did show a pretty fair improvement by going 1/2". Can't remember where just now. Any how I'm going with the MCW5000P and the MCW50 with 1/2 id lines. Probably going to be another couple of weeks before I can do the set up due to work and school.

cool

cool... i would prefer 1/2"id. I think i will get a tank-o-matic and convert it anyway, it just looks too damn good, so it does not matter. I may have seen that comparison a while back too. Thanks that is what i wanted to hear.

Now your talkin restriction. My understanding it that while you can modify the Tank o matic with 1/2 barbs, the channels that run through the bottom piece of aluminum are pretty narrow.

Back