• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

fyi - european heater core list

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
i measured the citreon one i have and it looks like cooling area is measured not including any fittings.

today i went to a vauxhall scrap yard and picked up a nova copper heater core. so far it's working just a good as the citreon core. It's still a fraction big for my case

surface measured 15mm x 19mm including all fittings 19mm x 24mm

myarse said:
i measured the citreon one i have and it looks like cooling area is measured not including any fittings.

today i went to a vauxhall scrap yard and picked up a nova copper heater core. so far it's working just a good as the citreon core. It's still a fraction big for my case

surface measured 15mm x 19mm including all fittings 19mm x 24mm

I think those are cm not mm lol.

i think ive found where im gonna get my core from then, either a vauxhall corsa, or an astra.

Thanx for the info!, really useful.

even more sweetness!!

ive been looking for a vauxhall chevette for ages, but never seen one in a junkies, there like rocking horse $hyte

i picked this one up on saturday.

novacore.jpg

this is the nova core. It does look a little like the chevvy one aprart from the inlet / outlet placement unless the ones i have seen have been modded.

it works very well anyway i had 4 8cm fans running on it they fit perfectly.

I am also going to find a plastic food container and make a shroud for a 12cm fan like wetwillis (think thats his name sorry if i got i wrong)

happy hunting

update.

picked up this cavalier heater core today looks just like the chevvy ones even the inlet / outlets are the same.

cavcore.jpg

so thats 2 options the nova or the cav.

the cav looks better IMO.

19cm wide
23cm from base to top (not just fin area)
5cm deep.

i paid £25 which i thought was a little high as the nova core only cost £10.

sorry just notice the inches

7.5 width
9 high
2 deep

Back