• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

fyi - european heater core list

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
i bid for a citroen saxo heater core on ebay and wanted to know what size it was so i used google to search for the part number and hay presto one list of heater cores.

i won the auction and got a brand new heater core for £10.

it's big enough to fit 2 12cm fans but a little to big for my case.

the partnumber h00024 looks like a good size core to fit most cases. you can find them in opel cadets but i think there called something else in the uk.

Hey, very good linkage. Much needed for guys across the pond. I might show it to airspirit and see if he can do a dbase for it like he did US models.

peace.
unloaded

myarse said:
i bid for a citroen saxo heater core on ebay and wanted to know what size it was so i used google to search for the part number and hay presto one list of heater cores.

i won the auction and got a brand new heater core for £10.

it's big enough to fit 2 12cm fans but a little to big for my case.

the partnumber h00024 looks like a good size core to fit most cases. you can find them in opel cadets but i think there called something else in the uk.

the opel kadette is a vauxhall astra in the uk. Is it made of copper? if it is then im gonna get one of those cores coz weve got 2 astras waitin 2 be junked hehe.

Loads of Citroens use copper cores so i'm going hunting tomorrow to find a good one, any luck i'll report back.

myarse said:
the one thing the web site does not show is what the cores are made of. :(

If you look carefully under the coloumn next to O.E you se r/a or al/pl

Here is what there description

Description_For_Materials.jpg

So in your opinion what would be the perfect core?

I see most of them look weird opposed to the very nice looking chevy's :rolleyes:

i have a citroen saxon core the same version on the web site is h0003

it works very well but is a bit big for my case and made of ali.

it looks like the models 20023 / 24 or the ones to go for. they can be found in mk1 astras and i think the corsa is called nova's here i am not sure.

they are both good size and made of copper.

i am going to a breakers saturday to find one.

myarse

GoingH2o said:
So in your opinion what would be the perfect core?

I see most of them look weird opposed to the very nice looking chevy's :rolleyes:

There are so many to choose from... have you taken a look at the car radiator section? Now *those* look weird! Several have plastic containers on them too lol. I'd choose a ~18x16x6mm copper core, if I had to choose.

To be honest I didn't bother to find an European core myself, I just got a "known good" american one from DTEK. =)

Is the sizes listed the size of the cooling surface or is it the total size of the heater matrix.
I was looking at No.34 from the audi its copper and would fit across the top of me case . It would take 2 120mm fans being 275*154*40. So it should have plenty of cooling area.

Back