• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Mean Well S-320-12 12V, 25A switching power supply?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
what are the specs of the 260 watt peltier? Or do you mean 226 watt peltier?

A 226watt peltier draws ~24 amps at ~15 volts.

An 80 watt peltier draws ~8 amps at ~16 volts.

To run both those off the same supply without problems you need a power supply that offers >30 amps. If you run those at 12volts you can get a power supply that offers slightly less than 30 amps.

If you use the psu for your computer, you have to make sure there is enough amperage available to power your computer and the peltier.

What are the specs of your other psu's?

Last edited:
that is what i thought

My hands are not working...226w.

someone told me that it could power them both, but i did not think that 25A could possible cover 2 pelts. My 35A on the +12v line should be enough for my comp and an 80w right? (550w)

This is the PSU i am thinking of... i kind of need to use the 2 i have now on my dad's machine for the time being:
ENERMAX PSU

By the way... I.M.O.G you need some blue stars already... that is 7 stars right? You have responded to my posts like 10 times a day for the last month, and every single thread i go to has a very good reply from you. You deserve some recognition!!;)

Last edited:
Note that the power supplies you linked to will run the peltier at 12 volts also, so the larger pelt will draw ~20 amps and i am not sure what the other would draw, im guessing between 6 and 7 amps. Someone might have told you the meanwell would work for both because it would be very close with powering them both at 12 volts.

You could definetly use that enermax psu you linked to to power both pelts. I am terrible with electronics so I can't tell you any more than i have about getting this working right as far as electrics go, but I am relatively good with pelts.

thanks for the compliment, I just come here to have fun. :)

Last edited:
Back