• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Which is the better pelt psu?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
lol, they are the same thing. The model # is the same. and if you noticed the labels are the same. (look for the "MW" in red at the upper left corner of the power strip.)

I have one. These PSUs are the Ehiem of PSUs. I would trust this thing for over 3 years straight running my 226. But it does get WARM. The fan does runn nearly at full speed. It is a bit noisy but that much. inside a case it would be not as noctiable. The neat thing about these psus is that you can adjust output voltage. I think. i just can't remenber... from 11V to almost 13v. that is allsome!! you could find the sweat stop for your system. The power is clean, decently effcient. It is VERY easy to setup.

But you pay good money for it.

I would rate it 5 stars (out of 5)

But i am a hardcore modder. What i did is this.... I took an Antec true 550watter and striped it down complety. I mean i even unsolderd all superfluous wire outs. I even removed the MOSFETS. I plan on watercooling it. The MW can not be easly watercooled. after destruction of the antec it is as large as 3 stacked hard drives. (custom case willl be made 4 it.)

I really do suggest the MW if it fits your needs and space allows.

But if you are going the el cheapo route (which is perfectly OK also) YOu could get two generic ATX psus that put at least 14 amps on the twelve volt rail and wire them in parrallel. I also did that. After i loaded the 5v rail i got 11.5 volts to my TEC. It cost me $30 for two GENERIC PSUs and shipping Vs. $105 for the antec Vs. $120 for the Meanwell.

If i did not make myself clear just ask and i will go further ;)

good luck

funny

Hehee that is pretty funny!!! i did not notice the model#'s. I will just get the meanwell, or which ever site was cheaper. I am going to power a 226w pelt off of it, and an 80w pelt off of my comp's PSU (enermax 550-36A on the +12v line).

Thanks for the help

pelts are used with wc

You watercool a pelt, and more watercoolers have experience with them. I would consider extreme mostly just phase change. It is either phase change or watera cooling, there is kind of a grey area for pelts. They can fit into either easily

Back