• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Yeong Yang case

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

kobrien

I just replaced my Chieftec Dragon with a Yeong Yang case - (directron)

I had the Innovatek radiator and water block with an Ehiem 1048. Everything fit but it was just too crowded. Switched to the Yeong Yang cube and added water cooling to the Northbridge. Replaced the Innovatek radiator with the Dual Radiator. This radiator is huge but fits perfectly in the front of the case on the motherboard side. Two papst 120mm fans on the radiator.

The front of the case also has about a 1" area where I cut and placed a piece of furnace filter - the plastic brillo kind that you can see through and doesn't obstruct air flow.

Since I now had extra room I was able to mount the Eheim on a Noise Control No Vibes hard disk silencer. This totally eliminated the vibration from the Eheim pump.

Case temps are now at 33c with Athlon 2600 @11.5x190fsb at 36c. So the new case and arrangement reduced my cpu temp by 4c even though I added the Northbridge. My disk drive temps also dropped by 6c.

All-in-all a great case for water cooling.

The case is actually 6" shorter than the Chieftec Dragon but twice as wide. The other added advantage to this case is I can put all the disk drives in it that I want. I have two 80 gig Seagate Barracuda IVs running and 2 WD 80 gig installed but unplugged for backups.

The Seagates are silent the WD are whinny buggers that drove me crazy. Now I just plug them in when I need backup.

that case is supprisingly not all that large in person. a friend of mine modded the crap out of one. windows on 3 sides with 4 cold cathodes and 5 hdd's 2 nexus fan controlers. it looks awesome if i can find a link for tomorrow ill post it...

That's a cool case, lots of modding potential!

36c is really good cpu temp, is your temp being taken from the on-die temp probe?

btw- WELCOME TO THE FORUMS :D :sn:

Temp is taken on an Asus A7N8X deluxe using motherboard monitor. It should be the on die probe.

The larger radiator is keeping my load temps using Prime95 for several hours between 3-4c over idle. I'm currently hovering between 39 and 40c prime95 load and 36c idle.

If I had the room I would definately get a double wide case like that. So much room for all the junk you could possibly want to cram in it.:D That is a sweet mod!:cool:

[EG]~NaTz~ said:
that case is supprisingly not all that large in person. a friend of mine modded the crap out of one. windows on 3 sides with 4 cold cathodes and 5 hdd's 2 nexus fan controlers. it looks awesome if i can find a link for tomorrow ill post it...

Sounds awesome! Lets see some picts please.

on drive side - power supply moved to top of case - custom bracket fabricated for it.

Radiator mounted under PSU, another custom bracket. Dtekheatercore. Shroud on outside pulling air. Pump between rad and front drives. all back drive mounts were removed.

Res on mobo side. One of the front verticals was left, the res is PVC tube - 2" with one barb aimed to drive side and pump, other aimed at vid card waterblock. Res is secured to the upright with a velcro fastener.

Front 92mm fan grill was cut out. At first glance case looks stock.

Back